Brake line fitting question.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Great job today! Makes you feel good accomplishing something you've never done before. Any trouble with the bleeders?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bleeders broke loose easily, luckily. No problems there at all. Two 32oz bottles of brake fluid later the whole system was flushed. I must say that it brakes better then It didn't before the flush, the old fluid was brown already.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Great job! Now you know what you have and don't need a shop to do your brake work for you.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Little summary on what seemed to be easy and straightforward job. The fittings were stuck on both sides on the factory hardlines, wouldn't budge and had to be cut off. I had to flare the ends and use new fittings/flare nuts. Between taking few trips to auto parts store,having to cut the factory lines twice on both sides and learning how to use a flare tool, it took me about 9hrs lol.... oh and also I flushed the whole brake system.

I rented a flare tool from auto parts store.
IMG_5165.jpg
Bought a little pipe cutter
IMG_5166.jpg
Also picked up few 3/16 pipeline nuts

The hard brake line on a JK is 3/16" (at least on my 2014). There is also the protective coating on there that has to be removed for the fitting to slide on. In fact it has to be scratched off enough for the fitting to slide on and then flare tool afterwards. Also it is a double flare as Eddie mentioned previously in this thread.
IMG_5169.jpg

Here's a shot extended brake line installed.
IMG_5170.jpg

Two 32oz bottles of fluid was enough to flush the brake system. It's easy to tell when the old fluid is out the lines.
IMG_5164.jpg

Was it worth 9 hours of aggravation and misery?
Absolutely [emoji108], I would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom