Brakes, Pads, and Rotors question???

MericaMade

So after watching a few videos on the Pro grips kits, I am liking what I see and hear from you guys, but I do have a question. I have seen some kits come with a upgraded caliper like BAER and I believe it is a 4 piston system. IF I decided down the road to upgrade the calipers or just spend the extra coin out the gate would I need to upgrade any other components of the braking system? Will the upgraded calipers make much of a difference from the pro grip kit?

Ddays

Hooked
So after watching a few videos on the Pro grips kits, I am liking what I see and hear from you guys, but I do have a question. I have seen some kits come with a upgraded caliper like BAER and I believe it is a 4 piston system. IF I decided down the road to upgrade the calipers or just spend the extra coin out the gate would I need to upgrade any other components of the braking system? Will the upgraded calipers make much of a difference from the pro grip kit?

If you upgrade the calipers you're gonna have to upgrade the master cylinder/booster as well. Take it from another that has the Pro-Grips - they work and it's all you need. Dynatrac engineered the system as a standalone upgrade - no other items are needed to get the performance you're looking for. 4 pot calipers are not needed on a Jeep.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

So get the BAER kit. :thinking:

:idontknow: how you are going to keep the tires from breaking traction when using the additional power of your new fancy brake kit is a whole other game. I guess if you want to run low profile high performance street tires... but with a standard AT/MT tire... forget it... They will look cool in parking lots though! :thumb:

Last edited:

MericaMade

If you upgrade the calipers you're gonna have to upgrade the master cylinder/booster as well. Take it from another that has the Pro-Grips - they work and it's all you need. Dynatrac engineered the system as a standalone upgrade - no other items are needed to get the performance you're looking for. 4 pot calipers are not needed on a Jeep.

^^^ this

Thank you for the answer, that's what I needed to hear. I apprentice it again guys!!!

MericaMade

I see you can buy the Progrip rotors and brake pads separately but do you know if you could buy the caliper relocation bracket itself in the event something happens and you break one down the road?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
I see you can buy the Progrip rotors and brake pads separately but do you know if you could buy the caliper relocation bracket itself in the event something happens and you break one down the road?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chec with dynatrac, but I would imagine that they could get you one.

Another vote for the ProGrips...I have 37's with ATX slab beads and they stop great. I do need to do new pads....they seem to have worn really quick so I'm going to look into a different ceramic pad bc they ones that came with my ProGrip kit had a lot more dust than I expected

jeeeep

Hooked
Another vote for the ProGrips...I have 37's with ATX slab beads and they stop great. I do need to do new pads....they seem to have worn really quick so I'm going to look into a different ceramic pad bc they ones that came with my ProGrip kit had a lot more dust than I expected

I like the Wagner OEx, they have great braking and very little dust.

Top Bottom