Breaking wheel licks without a key

crowrb29

You said the key broke, can it be welded back??

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Tried to BFH the shit out of it and where it was cracked it just kept bending back and sliding off. I don't know anyone with a welder that isn't owned by the Marine Corps so probably can't go that route.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Discount tire will do it as well.

Beat it on there, use impact, beat it on there, use impact, and so on. Although I didn't just post that on the Internet. ;)

David1tontj

Discount tire will do it as well.

Beat it on there, use impact, beat it on there, use impact, and so on. Although I didn't just post that on the Internet. ;)

Don't feel bad, there are a bajillion you tube videos of how to break them

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

xtremefx4

Just use a pair of Vise grips! Lock them down and turn but make sure u keep the other lugs on tight first!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

RodCyn

In the past I have hammered a tight fitting socket on over the top of the lug nut. It worked for me, only problem Is trying to get it out of the socket when you're done.

This, but use a 12pt socket. Used to do this often at the garage. To get the lug nut off, put the socket in a vice and hammer a pin/screwdriver through the back of the socket onto the nut.

crowrb29

Finally got it off. Took about an hour of pounding and grinding. Funny after I got it off she remembered she had roadside assistance and could get it towed to a shop for free.

Finally got it off. Took about an hour of pounding and grinding. Funny after I got it off she remembered she had roadside assistance and could get it towed to a shop for free.

Wow! Good thing I have that as well but don't know how to use it since I have state farm lol

Top Bottom