Broken factory LCarm mount

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
More rust at the bottom than the top. Maybe you cracked it a while ago & it finally all snapped? I’d hope there’d be a good story with a break like that!
More rust at bottom, because that is what is often hit and drags across rocks. I wish NOTHING was below the frame! Yes I think one or both lower welds let go while I was in Utah. Meaning I drove home to Pa with bracket unattached below the frame.

Here are pics of it after painted. I dropped the arm to to prevent any bushing damage. When reinstalling, things went right together, which makes me feel good knowing bracket should be pretty close to where it was before.
Hard to weld up in this area and being that I am not a welder by trade, I had to play around a bit to get the proper heat. In first picture, red arrow represents where the bracket had cracked about 3-4" on an angle.
The yellow line points to where we saw very small crack in factory weld and grinded and put a bead over it.

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

Next image are welds below frame. I had to beat the curled ears tight to make contact with frame to grind and weld. Definitely want to make some gussets to protect these welds...on drivers side too.

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom