Broken Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shock...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Cozdude, would you be able to take a picture? I really don't want to "break" anything and not being able to install a simple shock is really annoying me...

It's going to be hard to see that it's bent but it is a little. Just bend it a little at a time
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375205560.804129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

jeeeep

Hooked
before you bend anything, try jacking up your jeep as high as you safely can and put some jack stands under the frame, lower the Jeep and the extra droop should allow you to install the shock without bending anything. you may have to remove the tire to get droop needed

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
before you bend anything, try jacking up your jeep as high as you safely can and put some jack stands under the frame, lower the Jeep and the extra droop should allow you to install the shock without bending anything. you may have to remove the tire to get droop needed

I did this with my install but the width of the bottom shock is larger than the mount its self. It required a little bending at a time to fit it in a snug as it is now

Sent from my iPhone

fatboy1271

Thanks but as Coz said the shock physically will not fit in the bottom mounting bracket! The bolt "barrel" at the bottom of the shock is wider than the mounting bracket so my choices are bending the bracket or grinding the shock...

jeeeep

Hooked
ahhh mine were tight but not so much they wouldn't slide in. You're correct, bend just a little at a time - did you bend both sides or just one?

fatboy1271

ahhh mine were tight but not so much they wouldn't slide in. You're correct, bend just a little at a time - did you bend both sides or just one?

I started to bend both sides and became uncomfortable with what I was doing; however, I will carry on. It's just pretty frustrating that these are "made to fit my Jeep," yet they don't really.

Top Bottom