budget stubby bumper

Ok two questions for you poison spyder folks. 1) what do you do w factory fogs if the bumper doesnt have place for em. 2) since the ship bare metal, what is the best thing to coat them with? Id like a matte black finish.

jk12blk

Ok peeps, i need some input. The factory bumper on my jku came dinged up when i bought it so im lookin to replace it. Dont have alot to spend and i want a stubby style so heres what im debating. Rugged ridge all terrain stubby vs. Or fab stubby. Im not planning on a winch anytime soon. Just want d rings and a spot for factory fogs. Any ideas are welcome.

Shaffers Offroad makes this bumper which is about as stubby as you can get. Low cost. The vacuum pump was fastened into the engine compartment as shown in the image below. The ram assist cooler (not shown) is fastened behind the bumper. The S does not have to be cut out - just something i wanted to accent the blue on my jeep in other places.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

chipper

Check out the write up that Eddie did on the PUREJEEP JK Bare Bonez. It has everything you wanted. They have it just like how he did it. Front winch combo. Light bar, and D-rings.
Think it sells for around $330. I really like it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416616488.254897.jpg

UpsideUp

Ok two questions for you poison spyder folks. 1) what do you do w factory fogs if the bumper doesnt have place for em. 2) since the ship bare metal, what is the best thing to coat them with? Id like a matte black finish.

I have the Brawler Lite front bumper and it comes with provisions for the factory fogs. You just screw them in from the back before mounting. And I washed the metal with soap and water, dried it, rattle can primered, then rattle can sprayed bed liner. Looks awesome and easy to touch up. But more expensive than some of the bumpers mentioned here.

Jayanthony

View attachment 111630 View attachment 111631 View attachment 111597 View attachment 111598 This was my stock I cut down. I didn't do a write up on it but it was very simple. I cut it on the jeep then hollowed the ends out and screwed them on from the back side.

The other pics are C.C. Skinny front and rear

i know this has been quite awhile ago, but im going to be chopping my bumper tonight after work. when you did yours how far did you come from the bump pad? yours is one of the best looking ones ive seen for sure. and after you hollowed the end out did they go in pretty easy or did it take some persuasion?

Top Bottom