Building Clutch's Battle Station

Did you press in the top or bottoms first?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did the top first after juggling with adapters for a while. I figured it’ll be easier with the adapters I had on hand (with the kit). I made sure I would be able to press the lowers before I did the top. It might work differently for you, just make sure you’ll be able to press opposing side before you do anything.

Ball joints are not all that bad to install, just allow yourself plenty of time. Don’t even try to pull the speed sensors out of hubs cuz they’ll snap right off. Also make sure you have a press with the angled attachment.

^ This. I do the same. Picture below shows all the bailing wire hanging parts so I don't have to pull the abs sensor.

IMG_20171025_163348_651.jpg

And, Clutch, you can do without the angled adapter and use a thick steel shim, but it's a pain in the ass. Try and get that adapter.

And don't forget to check your tubes for seal guides left in there.

IMG_20171022_152319_214 (1).jpg

Did you press in the top or bottoms first?

I probably did it backwards but I couldn’t
Get the threaded part of the press to clear the coil facing up so I pressed out the bottom first then stuck the press up through the bottom hole to push out the top and push it back in. Then I installed the bottom one last. All in all it worked so I guess that’s what counts. Make sure you leave the zerk in the bottom ball joint. I could have sworn I read to take it out so I did. Then it was up against the axle and I couldn’t get them back in. Rookie move

Wild goose chase today trying to procure a bj press. Went to 3 places and it turned out the autozone closest to me had it. Advanced Autoparts had the beginner kit.

Also, I bought a Bosch Impact Driver over the weekend, it went up to 1650 Inch lbs, soft case, 2 batteries for $200. Seems to work very well, but given the age of over information, I ordered a Milwaukee Fuel 18 that goes up to 1850 inch lbs, hard shell case, and 2 batteries for $230. Also, the warranty is longer. Really couldn’t go wrong either way.
Image1508981539.832385.jpgImage1508981549.911177.jpg

So guess I’ll be returning the Bosch.

Also, I bought a Bosch Impact Driver over the weekend, it went up to 1650 Inch lbs, soft case, 2 batteries for $200. Seems to work very well, but given the age of over information, I ordered a Milwaukee Fuel 18 that goes up to 1850 inch lbs, hard shell case, and 2 batteries for $230. Also, the warranty is longer. Really couldn’t go wrong either way.
View attachment 280918View attachment 280919

Milwaukee Fuel is the best [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Milwaukee looks like an impact driver not an impact wrench... Am I just nuts?

For automotive work what you really want is a wrench (rotational impact). The driver (horizontal and rotational impact) is more for driving screws... Right?

Last edited:
They are both impact drivers. The Bosch has a 1/2” socket and 1/4” hex.

Driver is more versatile, but usually they have less power than the wrench. These are drivers but have enough juice for what I need.

Last edited:
They are both impact drivers. The Bosch has a 1/2” socket and 1/4” hex.

Driver is more versatile, but usually they have less power than the wrench. These are drivers but have enough juice for what I need.

Gotcha, I've used a driver as a wrench before. I was just under the impression they weren't really the right tool for the job when it comes to nuts and bolts. It'll get the job done though.

Gotcha, I've used a driver as a wrench before. I was just under the impression they weren't really the right tool for the job when it comes to nuts and bolts. It'll get the job done though.

Hell, maybe not, but I don’t always do the right thing. It took about 3 sec to pop off lug nuts so that was nice.

Top Bottom