Building Clutch's Battle Station

JKbrick

Finally put on the JKS 2.5” coils and rear track bar relocation bracket. Got a true 3” of lift; will probably settle a little over time. It drives very nice, less body roll in turns and feels stable on typical road bumps.

The rear TB relocation bracket was kind of a pain and sits very close to the springs. I may need to cut a little clearance room. View attachment 294446 View attachment 294447

Front shock comparison: stock vs JKS. View attachment 294448

Rear comparison.
View attachment 294449

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That looks great! I had the jks relocation bracket on the back of mine and the bolt hit the spring when I dialed in the pinion angle. But then I lowered it and took the bracket off last winter

Clutch

Caught the Bug
That looks great! I had the jks relocation bracket on the back of mine and the bolt hit the spring when I dialed in the pinion angle. But then I lowered it and took the bracket off last winter

Interesting. I guess if it ever becomes a true issue I’ll pop for Evo’s bracket. I didn’t get the Evo one to begin with because I didn’t want to cut the stock bracket off.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Did the bracket make the spring bow? Or when the springs bowed it hit the bracket?

Since the bracket sits so close to the springs I’m going to watch for witness marks. If I find any I’ll probably just trim a little off the bracket.

JKbrick

Did the bracket make the spring bow? Or when the springs bowed it hit the bracket?

Since the bracket sits so close to the springs I’m going to watch for witness marks. If I find any I’ll probably just trim a little off the bracket.

When the springs bowed the spring was hitting the track bar bolt head, not actually hitting the bracket

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Here’s a few pics I snapped this morning. I’ll take some better ones if you can’t tell what you’re looking at.

Ah, yeah; that is gettin' friendly with your coil...

Like you said though, nothing a little trimming can't fix. If I ever go that route I may trim it before finishing the install. I don't need any more practice removing coil springs ;)

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Stotch, I was looking at your OME springs and they look like they have a bigger diameter than the JKS springs, so I don’t think the JKS rear Trackbar bracket will work.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Stotch, I was looking at your OME springs and they look like they have a bigger diameter than the JKS springs, so I don’t think the JKS rear Trackbar bracket will work.

Yeah, the JKS coils are definitely skinnier. I forgot that's what you had back there. Thanks for the tip!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
A few pics duplicated from the Badlands April 28th thread, but I’m posting here just to document the day. It was a blast and it was cool to meet so many active wayalifers. Can’t wait to do it again! Image1525013272.548502.jpg Image1525013280.625577.jpg Image1525013287.787361.jpg
Image1525013406.748742.jpg

Top Bottom