Building of Old Blue

Greetings WAL,
After having my JK for almost 5 years, I decided to get in on the build section. I figured it would be fun to document my journey as well help people learn from my experiences! I'll be updating over the next week or so to get everything up to speed. Hope you enjoy!

Old Blue got the name from one of my families favorite holiday movies; A Christmas Story! My dad called her that one day and it just stuck. She is a 2010 deep water blue with 6 speed manual. I ordered the Jeep with rubi rails and a hard top as the only add ons.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894442.221833.jpg
Day I brought her home (I couldn't find a stock picture anywhere so I just used one from online. My Jeep is a Sport).

First few mods within 1,000 miles were trimming the rubicon rails for 35's, Antenna X, and floor mats.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894908.840374.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894908.840374.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894923.530233.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894923.530233.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894942.423977.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431894942.423977.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431901022.308864.jpg

Next up was 3 inch Teraflex coil kit. I also added all four lower control arms. I chose to go with the HD front springs to level out the ride and prepare for a heavy bumper. I also bought the Teraflex disconnects but they made too much noise so I purchased the RockKrawler ones instead. They look better and are quiet as the breeze after a little "tuning." At the same time, I changed the differential oil. Because I already was pulling the covers, I invested in some ARB ones and also added lube lockers. No more RTV! 35 inch KM2's were chosen for her new shoes!

Last edited:
Shortly after the lift came LED dome lights and Plasti Dipping the interior of the hardtop. Made a big difference in sound deadening and just looks cool! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431901616.325533.jpg

Added Trucklites, clear markers, and trimmed front of fenders. Also added some hood latches! I like the stock fender look, but not from the front.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431991865.981164.jpg

Rccrwlr

View attachment 143659

Next up was 3 inch Teraflex coil kit. I also added all four lower control arms. I chose to go with the HD front springs to level out the ride and prepare for a heavy bumper. I also bought the Teraflex disconnects but they made too much noise so I purchased the RockKrawler ones instead. They look better and are quiet as the breeze after a little "tuning." At the same time, I changed the differential oil. Because I already was pulling the covers, I invested in some ARB ones and also added lube lockers. No more RTV! 35 inch KM2's were chosen for her new shoes!

To each his own but Teraflex coils, lube lockers, and km2's? Just curious on why you chose this combo?

To each his own but Teraflex coils, lube lockers, and km2's? Just curious on why you chose this combo?

Well the lift was 3 years ago before I knew better. Definitely plan on upgrading to coil overs or at the very least, plush rides! My Jeep spends a lot of time on pavement and the KM2's wear very well. I have heard that they are prone to tearing sidewalls but while living in CO I had no such issues! And as for the lube lockers, I've used them on all 3 vehicles I have owned. Much better than scrapping RTV off every time you pop the covers on your diffs. Is there something negative about them that I don't know?!

Rccrwlr

Well the lift was 3 years ago before I knew better. Definitely plan on upgrading to coil overs or at the very least, plush rides! My Jeep spends a lot of time on pavement and the KM2's wear very well. I have heard that they are prone to tearing sidewalls but while living in CO I had no such issues! And as for the lube lockers, I've used them on all 3 vehicles I have owned. Much better than scrapping RTV off every time you pop the covers on your diffs. Is there something negative about them that I don't know?!

I didn't know anything about the jk until this forum. You learn a lot from
Those that have been there done that. Just wanted to see why you chose this route. I would agree that rtv is an issue. Heard the lube locker is not much better if you start to peel the covers. Started using "the right stuff" but haven't put it to the test yet. Others have and say it will flex and keep a better seal.

I didn't know anything about the jk until this forum. You learn a lot from
Those that have been there done that. Just wanted to see why you chose this route. I would agree that rtv is an issue. Heard the lube locker is not much better if you start to peel the covers. Started using "the right stuff" but haven't put it to the test yet. Others have and say it will flex and keep a better seal.

Interesting.....I haven't had any problems yet, but I'll definitely try "the right stuff" if I ever do!

Top Bottom