Bumper Question

Jeep Reloaded

You could always look for someone selling their Hardrock bumper. You could have full width around town then swap to a stubby for trail rides. It takes about 5 minutes to install/remove the end caps.

Hmmmm... have not seen one of those. How well do the caps hold up to ah... incidental impacts?

Howdy from Texas!
'76 CJ-5 V8 Renegade (grey Levi's), retired.
'14 JK Sport 2DR (Black), weekend fun.

Defcon3JKU

Hmmmm... have not seen one of those. How well do the caps hold up to ah... incidental impacts?

Howdy from Texas!

It's a factory item so I would think it would have to meet certain crash ratings. It's held on by 8 bolts on each side, so it would have some strength to it. Haven't hit mine on anything, so I can't really say how big of a hit it could take.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeep Reloaded

It's a factory item so I would think it would have to meet certain crash ratings. It's held on by 8 bolts on each side, so it would have some strength to it. Haven't hit mine on anything, so I can't really say how big of a hit it could take.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok thanks- glad to know it exists.

Howdy from Texas!

jhubright

So I'm getting ready to throw on my 37's next week. I too like the look of the full length bumper. I am trying to keep my stock bumper on and not have to cut it. Does anyone run the full length stock bumper with 37's? I have a 3.5" RC lift and a 1.5" Teraflex body lift and I'm still not sure if its going to rub or not.

J

JKDream

So I'm getting ready to throw on my 37's next week. I too like the look of the full length bumper. I am trying to keep my stock bumper on and not have to cut it. Does anyone run the full length stock bumper with 37's? I have a 3.5" RC lift and a 1.5" Teraflex body lift and I'm still not sure if its going to rub or not.

It will rub.

Bustedback

I got this one from Havoc on Amazon for $350 shipped to my door. It's a pretty decent bumper for the price, 3/16 steel and solid construction. IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0468.JPG

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Jeep Reloaded

I got this one from Havoc on Amazon for $350 shipped to my door. It's a pretty decent bumper for the price, 3/16 steel and solid construction. View attachment 270200 View attachment 270201

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Nice - I like that a lot and the price is right. I have a couple marked on my amazon list that are similar. EAG and Restyling Factory. Both are slightly thinner gauge but are also a little cheaper. They don't give crush ratings so I rely mostly on reviews and what I pick up here.

Howdy from Texas!

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
It's a factory item so I would think it would have to meet certain crash ratings....so it would have some strength to it...

Made me smile. My plastic bumper's a 'factory item' too. It can stand up to boogers impacting it at high speed. Anything else, not so much.

:)

jhubright

Fit my 37's

So after looking at many stock bumper stubby mods, I really did not like the looks of them very much. I decided to do a little front bumper modification without loosing the overall length of the bumper.

I was able to cut off 2.5" from the backside of the bumper. It still looks stock from the front.

stock bumper.jpg

Here is a pic of my trimmed bumper
mod bumber1.jpg
mod bumper2.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug

My dad has a 10A bumper like that on his hard rock and it didn't fair well with some small tree and rock rubbing (without end caps). A lot of trim pieces of the bumper (like around the lights) are held on with plastic fasteners and those are what snapped so it was a relatively cheap/easy repair. It may be more durable with the caps on, they are bolted on and made of metal.

Jeep Reloaded

My dad has a 10A bumper like that on his hard rock and it didn't fair well with some small tree and rock rubbing (without end caps). A lot of trim pieces of the bumper (like around the lights) are held on with plastic fasteners and those are what snapped so it was a relatively cheap/easy repair. It may be more durable with the caps on, they are bolted on and made of metal.

Thanks!

Howdy from Texas!

Top Bottom