Bumper Recommendations

I need help with front and rear bumpers for my 16' JKUR. I've been checking out Poison Spyder's Crawler and LOD's Destroyer Series stubby bumpers. I'll most likely be getting a rear tire carrier with the rear bumper unless something like the EVO gate carrier is a better option?

Any recommendations or experiences from you guys with either one of these bumper series? Difficult install, rattling tire carrier, bad paint, etc.? I've been out of the loop for some time now and have no knowledge of these products.

Current setup:
2016 JKUR
2.5" JKS lift
37" Cooper STT PRO

Thanks in advance!

MericaMade

I need help with front and rear bumpers for my 16' JKUR. I've been checking out Poison Spyder's Crawler and LOD's Destroyer Series stubby bumpers. I'll most likely be getting a rear tire carrier with the rear bumper unless something like the EVO gate carrier is a better option?

Any recommendations or experiences from you guys with either one of these bumper series? Difficult install, rattling tire carrier, bad paint, etc.? I've been out of the loop for some time now and have no knowledge of these products.

Current setup:
2016 JKUR
2.5" JKS lift
37" Cooper STT PRO

Thanks in advance!

LOD is nice they are just big and heavy from what I have seen. Evo has a good selection of bumpers and tire carriers. Give Genright a look, they are pricy but make really nice stuff as well.

Last edited:

Bear_JT

Hooked
EVO or LOD are the only ones I like so they are what I would recommend. I’ve only used EVO and the powder coat holds up well, they are solid bumpers and tire carriers, they are made in the USA, and are reasonably priced especially with the quality you get. Aluminum is going to cost more and is much lighter of course but the the steel will go through hell and back.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I have the destroyer rear bumper tire carrier combo. If I were to do it again, I would go with EVO’s tail gate carrier and a lighter weight bumper. The destroyer tire carrier is great, doesn’t rattle too much compared to others. It is solid as well, I got rear ended a couple years ago and barely a scratch! The other car had a thousand or 2 in damage I’ll bet.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I started with the LOD Signature Series Mid front and full width rear w/tire carrier. Never had a problem with either. Solid bumpers. And yes they are heavy. Still running the rear. Just installed a new FMF (Full Metal Fabworks) front stubby. Seems to be a solid bumper so far.

Top Bottom