Burner's Build

jk12blk

Quick update on my build...in preparation for my new custom axle build by Fusion4x4, I recently installed the mopar big brake kit booster, master cylinder and reservoir to better power my new Ford (front) and Wilwood (rear) brakes. Here are a couple photos of the Mopar brake booster, master cylinder and reservoir installation.

It is an extremely tight fit with the new master cylinder. In fact, I had to remove the brake lines at the abs module to move them enough to install the master cylinder as I was worried that if I tried to squeeze it into the booster I would damage the internals of the booster. Anyway, it all worked out and I don't think I introduced air into the abs module (brakes feel great!). When my new axles are installed, I may take it to the dealer for an ABS bleed just in case.

The photos below show the starting point, the clips which must be removed to disconnect the booster rod from the brake pedal, engine compartment after removing the booster and master cylinder, and the booster, master cylinder and res. When disconnecting the booster mounting plate, I removed the plastic wheel well splash shield which allows easy access to the lower mounting plate bolts.

IMG_0232.jpg IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0241.jpg IMG_0242.jpg IMG_0247.jpg

The following images show the new booster fastened to the mounting plate, installation of the booster and final wiring.

IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0253.jpg IMG_0260.jpg IMG_0269.jpg IMG_0270.jpg

jk12blk

Also, working on building my new wheels in preparation for the arrival of my new axles. These are Trail Ready HD 17 beadlocks, 8x170, with the Rock Ring. I chose the standard finish thinking it would look good against my black jeep (different from the black ATX slabs I had prior), but I got a wild hair and decided to rattle can the lock ring black. I think it looks good and even better when it gets all scratched to hell. Mounting to 40" Nitto TG's.

IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0351.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0356.jpg IMG_0358.jpg

More photos....

IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0364.jpg IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0370.jpg

jk12blk

As far as the axles go, I will post of pics once they are received, but this should give you an idea of the route I'm taking. This beauty arrived yesterday and I must admit, I did sleep with it last night instead of my wife. :yup: For my 3rd members, I chose Gearworks and went with two HP 10", ARB, 5.43 and 1350 yolks. The size of the pinion gear is fricking incredible. More pics to follow in 2-3 weeks once my housings arrive with all the other goodies.

IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0381.jpg IMG_0382.jpg IMG_0383.jpg

jk12blk

The axles are ready for install - just timing the delivery for when I drop off my jeep next week. Here are some photos of the Fusion 4x4 Ultimate 10's. The 3.5 Spidertrax housing tubes look like toothpicks against the massive Reid Super Kingpin knuckles. Many thanks to Dan at Fusion for making it all possible.

The tie rod shown is Fusion's 2.5 ton tie rod and comes with rare parts ends/cartridges - 1.75" diameter solid 7075 T6511 aluminum. There is a draglink to match, but need to install and measure before making the dl. The Coleman Racing rotors/hats, wilwood calipers and RCVs will ship separately.

All the link, coiliver, trailing arm, sway bar, etc. mounts will be fabricated by the installer.

IMG_0778.jpg IMG_0925.jpg IMG_0926.jpg IMG_0927.jpg IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0930.jpg

Last edited:

jk12blk

Dylan and team at Offroad Addiction are off to a great start this week with tacking up the mounts, cycling the suspension, etc - all in prep for final assembly next week. The synergy draglink will be replaced by Fusion4x4's draglink and the AGR ram will likely be replaced due to the stroke being too short.

Here are few pics from earlier in the week...

Capture.JPG Capture2.jpg Capture3.jpg Capture4.jpg Capture5.jpg Capture6.jpg Capture7.jpg Capture8.jpg Capture9.JPG Capture10.jpg Capture11.jpg Capture12.jpg

jk12blk

The axles look beefy man, and I am very interested to see how the trailing arms turn out
thanks! The trailing arms have been great. I've been running them for almost two years now. Mike Shaffer of Shaffer's Offload designed and fabricated the suspension - part of his exile performance line. We have a few things scheduled this winter replacing the lower arms with a new design - should be pretty slick.

swampdog

Man, no clue how I missed the build of this beast but glad I am tuning in now. Definitely one of the sickest ton swaps I've seen. Great build man

jk12blk

Stopped by to drop off a few parts and took a few pics today. The Coleman racing rotors, hats, caliper mounts and calipers also arrived today. Custom RCV's arrive tomorrow.

Capture14.JPG Capture15.JPG Capture16.JPG Capture17.JPG Capture18.JPG Capture20.JPG Capture21.JPG Capture22.JPG

jk12blk

Nice welds for sure! What welder are you using? What temp and wire speed for that thickness?
Sorry, did not mean to imply I'm doing the welding. Dylan (owner of Offroad Addiction, Auburn CA) does all the work. You would have to ask him. My welding skills stop with J-B. :yup:

Actually, based on one of the photos it looks like they are using a large Millermatic 210. He may have more welders - not sure.

welder.jpg

jk12blk

I'm happy to report that everything worked out as planned! I must admit, I was a little concerned about the speed sensors and gear ratio, but it all checked out and I drove my jeep home yesterday. To address the change in tone ring tooth count (52 changing to 60), i had to calculate the following: 52/60*5.43 (new gear ratio) = 4.71 which I entered into superchips traildash 2 programmer. There is a similar calc for the tires - 52/60*38.75 (Nitto TG 40 at ride height) = 33.58. I had to enter 33.50 in my superchips as the programmer only allows .25 increments.

Good news is it all checked out - no dash lights, no traction control issues, speed sensors work with the 05+ Ford 250/350 unit bearings and speedo is dead on (used a gps app to verify).

Here are some pics from yesterday when we installed the 10" PSC ram and welded on the ram skid - just before I drove it home.

For those of you who live in the Sacto/Auburn area, I HIGHLY recommend Offroad Addiction in Auburn, CA. Dylan and team are top notch and they are fast. Note they will soon be moving to a much larger shop in Newcastle and will host a grand opening near the end of Sept (I think) with Ruff Stuff raffles and other vendors on hand - so keep an eye out if you are interested.

Capture.jpg Capture2.jpg Capture3.JPG Capture5.JPG Capture6.jpg Capture7.JPG Capture9.jpg Capture10.jpg Capture11.jpg

jk12blk

more pics earlier on in the project.. The tire pressure figure is bogus - not sure why it has a reading as TPMS is disabled.

Capture1.jpg Capture2.jpg Capture3.jpg Capture4.JPG Capture5.jpg Capture6.jpg Capture7.JPG Capture8.JPG

Top Bottom