Calico Ghost Hunting!

HDGasser

Shoulda got more pictures of our McGyver rigging we did to get the wheel locks off... With NO key! Lolol

And just FYI... Vice grips are softer than wheel locks

Nice bumper!

HDGasser

All in all it was a good trip, great weather, cool peoples, and only one tire casualty and some missing powdercoat here n there.

Can't wait to do it again!

jesse3638

Hooked
Shoulda got more pictures of our McGyver rigging we did to get the wheel locks off... With NO key! Lolol

And just FYI... Vice grips are softer than wheel locks

Yeah after I got home I was thinking I should have taken a bunch of pics of the process and done a write up on how to remove wheel locks with a BFH, screwdriver, 13/16 & 20mm 12-point sockets, and a short extension when you don't have your wheel lock key..haha.

HDGasser

Yeah after I got home I was thinking I should have taken a bunch of pics of the process and done a write up on how to remove wheel locks with a BFH, screwdriver, 13/16 & 20mm 12-point sockets, and a short extension when you don't have your wheel lock key..haha.

My thumb still hurts lol:doh:

Silver Rubicon

Awesome pics! Do you know which trail(s) you were on? I was there a few months ago but since I was alone I was worried about getting in over my head. I'm not familiar with the network of trails so I mainly stayed near mule canyon :grayno: I hope to get back and try some more challenging stuff like you posted

HDGasser

Awesome pics! Do you know which trail(s) you were on? I was there a few months ago but since I was alone I was worried about getting in over my head. I'm not familiar with the network of trails so I mainly stayed near mule canyon :grayno: I hope to get back and try some more challenging stuff like you posted

Jesse might be able to help you out better than me, I do know we did Odessa/Doran loop trail circle deal whatchama call it... Other than that I was just driving lol

From what I understand we did most of the challenging trails except for gate keeper.

Jesse's a lil more familiar with the area, maybe he'll chime in.

jesse3638

Hooked
Chiming in! The trails and features are called several things out there. We ran Odessa canyon (right side) which is part of the Doran Scenic Drive or Doran Loop to some. The other half of the Doran Scenic Drive (left side) lies behind the gate keeper, there is a bypass to get around it. Either way you choose you'll end up at the Bismark Mine. From the Bismark Mine we traveled west to the top of Wall Street Canyon (The Falls) which lies below the St. Louis Mine. From there we traveled the roads back out to Ft. Irwin road back to Calico Camp Ground. Hope this is clear as mud...haha!

1394651962236.jpg
Here is a topo map of where we went. I should have brought this with me..haha. Next time.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Silver Rubicon

Thanks for the info,definitely helps. I ran Odessa Canyon a few years ago in a different Jeep (on 35s). Now I got a stock Rubicon (for now) and was wondering if a stock Rubicon could run Odessa unscathed. What do ya think?

Top Bottom