Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Have them thoroughly document everything they find. If they don't, you may be out of luck in a lawsuit due to something call spoliation of evidence.

geepman

I am the other person who is having trouble with his Jeep that got worked on by Bruiser Conversions. I dropped off my Jeep last May and finally was able to pick it up late January. Ever since I brought it home, I have had problems. The first problem was that the transmission locked up on me, turned out that a shim was missing on the output shaft. Got that fixed but had to wait over a month to get it fixed. Also since I did bring it home the Jeep has been leaking oil and diesel fuel. Turns out that the tappet cover was leaking oil and the alternate oil fill connection was leaking. The fuel leak was coming from the throttle shaft on VE pump. On Friday the 15th I took my Jeep to a local trusted mechanic. We pulled the tappet cover to replace the gasket. After we remove the tappet cover the gasket sealing surface was corroded and pitted heavily. Now I am asking myself, am I going to have more problems with the engine, who did the Quality Assurance Inspection and if the inspection was done who signed it off. I am to a boiling point with these issues. I have pictures of the leaks and also a video of the diesel leaking. Seriously they had 9 months to get this right and did not. I take quality assurance to heart because of my job. I am a nuclear power plant operator. Honestly if I spend so much money on my Jeep that I would expect the job would be done right the first time. I have already spoken to Navy Legal and they have given me some suggestions to getting an attorney. Bruiser Conversions, here is another call out, you failed to perform a job properly, stand by for a letter of demand and/or lawsuit. I AM DOING SCREWING AROUND, I have one more year before I go to sea and would like to enjoy my Jeep before I leave.

WJCO

Meme King
I am the other person who is having trouble with his Jeep that got worked on by Bruiser Conversions. I dropped off my Jeep last May and finally was able to pick it up late January. Ever since I brought it home, I have had problems. The first problem was that the transmission locked up on me, turned out that a shim was missing on the output shaft. Got that fixed but had to wait over a month to get it fixed. Also since I did bring it home the Jeep has been leaking oil and diesel fuel. Turns out that the tappet cover was leaking oil and the alternate oil fill connection was leaking. The fuel leak was coming from the throttle shaft on VE pump. On Friday the 15th I took my Jeep to a local trusted mechanic. We pulled the tappet cover to replace the gasket. After we remove the tappet cover the gasket sealing surface was corroded and pitted heavily. Now I am asking myself, am I going to have more problems with the engine, who did the Quality Assurance Inspection and if the inspection was done who signed it off. I am to a boiling point with these issues. I have pictures of the leaks and also a video of the diesel leaking. Seriously they had 9 months to get this right and did not. I take quality assurance to heart because of my job. I am a nuclear power plant operator. Honestly if I spend so much money on my Jeep that I would expect the job would be done right the first time. I have already spoken to Navy Legal and they have given me some suggestions to getting an attorney. Bruiser Conversions, here is another call out, you failed to perform a job properly, stand by for a letter of demand and/or lawsuit. I AM DOING SCREWING AROUND, I have one more year before I go to sea and would like to enjoy my Jeep before I leave.

Welcome to WAL. Sorry to hear about all the issues. Glad that you guys are posting this on the forum though to keep others warned.

geepman

Got an appointment with the base attorney for Friday. I am not playing anymore games. Laying the hammer down.

Brute

Hooked
Good luck to both you guys...I am a huge proponent of justice served, and almost get violently ill when some bastard takes advantage of others and gets away with it...

Jeepnoub

Being on the defensive side on a issue like this. Make sure the the repairing shops are willing to stand with you in a legal case. Make sure the i's are dotted and t's crossed. And it's not just bad weather, it was pouring rain with 30 mph wind. Details are huge.

My old shop almost bought a bike for a customer because of a clerical error. The service writer wrote the wrong mileage. Customer thought we put 300 miles on his bike. Had we not had a security cameras we would have lost.

I had no idea!! :eek: I was just joking with you about it on FB......sorry!!! This sucks!!!! Happy to be a witness about the crap in Moab( seeing the jeep sit). Best of luck and keep us posted!!!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Wow thank you for posting this up. Hard to imagine that they thread their paying customers the way you have said they do. Thinking about that, sucks you do not have a recorded phone call with them to have on your side, not that it seems like it would be hard to get that however.

You would think after ruining your Moab trip, and you spent all that time and money with them, they could have at least let you ride with them.

Last edited:
So after a day at Hardway Performance, we have an issues list for the Jeep.

Keep in mind that all of this happened the first day of EJS! I didn't even leave the pavement before the Jeep failed.

*Power steering pump blew a hole in the side of the pump where it is attached to the motor; all power steering fluid leaked into crankcase and contaminated engine oil.
*Coolant has funny smell and is discolored. Radiator cap not holding pressure. Running test on coolant for signs of a blown head gasket.
*Power steering fluid is way too hot when in use; fluid is in excess of 160 degrees. Bruiser's power steering cooler is doing nothing to cool fluid
*Wrong coolant is being run in the motor (Cummins are supposed to use a special coolant; Bruiser used a generic coolant)
*Intercooler is getting extremely hot, not transferring heat properly.
*Excessive engine blowby due to power steering pump pumping air into crankcase
*Turbo not producing enough boost for motor, causing extremely high EGT's. Developing custom compound setup.
*Crankcase ventilation is not working properly, going to relocate crankcase vent hose to exhaust (like a factory 5.9 Cummins truck is set up)

If the head must come off due to a blown head gasket, they will replace the bolts with ARP Head studs, which will be done anyway for the compound turbo setup. They will upgrade the steering to ram assist. A larger power steering cooler and intercooler will be installed as well as a new custom SunCoast Billet torque converter.

Keep in mind I paid more than $30,000 for this work...

WJCO

Meme King
So after a day at Hardway Performance, we have an issues list for the Jeep.

Keep in mind that all of this happened the first day of EJS! I didn't even leave the pavement before the Jeep failed.

*Power steering pump blew a hole in the side of the pump where it is attached to the motor; all power steering fluid leaked into crankcase and contaminated engine oil.
*Coolant has funny smell and is discolored. Radiator cap not holding pressure. Running test on coolant for signs of a blown head gasket.
*Power steering fluid is way too hot when in use; fluid is in excess of 160 degrees. Bruiser's power steering cooler is doing nothing to cool fluid
*Wrong coolant is being run in the motor (Cummins are supposed to use a special coolant; Bruiser used a generic coolant)
*Intercooler is getting extremely hot, not transferring heat properly.
*Excessive engine blowby due to power steering pump pumping air into crankcase
*Turbo not producing enough boost for motor, causing extremely high EGT's. Developing custom compound setup.
*Crankcase ventilation is not working properly, going to relocate crankcase vent hose to exhaust (like a factory 5.9 Cummins truck is set up)

If the head must come off due to a blown head gasket, they will replace the bolts with ARP Head studs, which will be done anyway for the compound turbo setup. They will upgrade the steering to ram assist. A larger power steering cooler and intercooler will be installed as well as a new custom SunCoast Billet torque converter.

Keep in mind I paid more than $30,000 for this work...

Wow. If someone spent that kind of money at my shop, I would have done a very extensive test drive to make sure all items were perfect before releasing it to a customer.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
How long will it take them, and will it be some leaky, worn out million mile donor motor? After all this I'd want everything in writing and proof that all new components are being used.

Journeyman

Absolutely not. Hire the lawyer, cut some losses and get the fuck away from them. They did shit work when you paid them 30k.
I'm sure their so called free bee LS and craftsmanship is going to be nothing but the best second time around 🤔

Top Bottom