Camber or bent?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My front passenger canber is -1.0 and apparently it came that way as I only have 9000 miles on it. Even though tolerance is up to -0.6 the dealer said not to worry biut it and that it would cause any tire wear.

Guess the question is....can you see a degree?

A full degree is gonna be visually noticeable, especially with tires that are large in overall diameter. I had a bagged S10 and I checked the alignment after bagging it. It was exactly 1 degree negative camber on the driver's side and 0 on the passenger's side. Ended up having a bent spindle on the driver's side. Just as an example of how much a degree is, I could get 1 finger between the tire and upper ball joint on the driver's side and almost 3 fingers between the ball joint and tire on the passenger's side.

In5ane1

A full degree is gonna be visually noticeable, especially with tires that are large in overall diameter. I had a bagged S10 and I checked the alignment after bagging it. It was exactly 1 degree negative camber on the driver's side and 0 on the passenger's side. Ended up having a bent spindle on the driver's side. Just as an example of how much a degree is, I could get 1 finger between the tire and upper ball joint on the driver's side and almost 3 fingers between the ball joint and tire on the passenger's side.

Jeep allows up to -0.6...so in scheme of things -0.4 isnt much more from what is considered acceptable.

I know dealerahip didnt want to mess with mine...even though its new.

Last edited:

2trackin

So the whole camber appearance may have been from the way I parked in my driveway. I had to pretty much parallel Park in front of another vehicle. I think steering back and forth pushed the tires themselves out some giving the appearance of camber.
I was hoping that my right pull could have been addressed by an alignment but with everything pretty much within spec it looks like it may just be radial pull. Throwing on a gas charged stabilizer Friday to see if it helps. Constantly holding the wheel to the left slightly over these Michigan roads makes for a pretty terrible driving experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
So the whole camber appearance may have been from the way I parked in my driveway. I had to pretty much parallel Park in front of another vehicle. I think steering back and forth pushed the tires themselves out some giving the appearance of camber.
I was hoping that my right pull could have been addressed by an alignment but with everything pretty much within spec it looks like it may just be radial pull. Throwing on a gas charged stabilizer Friday to see if it helps. Constantly holding the wheel to the left slightly over these Michigan roads makes for a pretty terrible driving experience.

As mentioned in some other threads, try swapping your front tires side to side. If the pull changes, you have a bad tire

2trackin

As mentioned in some other threads, try swapping your front tires side to side. If the pull changes, you have a bad tire

Swapped them today. Not much change that I can tell. Completely flat roads aren't bad. But a crowned road (most roads) suck. I have a bilstien HD stabilizer coming in tomorrow. It's gas charged and I have read that it'll give a little push to the left because of this. It's worth a shot.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Swapped them today. Not much change that I can tell. Completely flat roads aren't bad. But a crowned road (most roads) suck. I have a bilstien HD stabilizer coming in tomorrow. It's gas charged and I have read that it'll give a little push to the left because of this. It's worth a shot.

Yeah, it'll probably help. Swapping the tires is always the first option because it's free;)

Top Bottom