Can I run 35's or 37's on 3.21 gearing?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
And if you fill those bastards with water you'll be able to coast for miles! Think of the MPG's! :thumb:

Next thread: "I only get 1000 miles on a set of brake pads, whats up with that?" :crazyeyes:

Hold on, I thought that this only works if the muffler bearings are properly aligned. While I am a total noob and have never tried this, I wonder if anyone else has experience with muffler bearings. I read it on the internet and they talked at length about how important this is. Please help.

Ddays

Hooked
Hold on, I thought that this only works if the muffler bearings are properly aligned. While I am a total noob and have never tried this, I wonder if anyone else has experience with muffler bearings. I read it on the internet and they talked at length about how important this is. Please help.

I didn't think to take any photos of the bad one I removed last week, but here is the new one going in. Not that hard to do yourself, just be sure you check the blinker fluid
at the same time you do the bearing install/alignment or you'll fuck the whole thing up!

muffler_bearings.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
And if you fill those bastards with water you'll be able to coast for miles! Think of the MPG's! :thumb:

Next thread: "I only get 1000 miles on a set of brake pads, whats up with that?" :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

WJCO

Meme King
Does anyone know the best way to rotate wiper blades? Should I just to a straight left to right swap? Or should I flip them to try and change the wear pattern?

Also regarding winter air for tires....what is the best altitude to be at when switching the air? The internet is full of info, but I want accurate information. Please help.

trailraider

I didn't think to take any photos of the bad one I removed last week, but here is the new one going in. Not that hard to do yourself, just be sure you check the blinker fluid
at the same time you do the bearing install/alignment or you'll fuck the whole thing up!

View attachment 203006

ok ,you are going to have all kinds of issues with this bearing.

first : you cant use a tapered bearing in a single inlet muffler. this will restrict the air flow actually inhibiting why you need said bearing. You have to place a standard needle bearing in. this is why you see so many failed muffler bearings.

second: YOU HAVE NO LUBRICATION ! this will seize up in the first 10 miles. you have to soak that in a gallon of gasoline for at least a day then dump the remaining amount in the muffler after it is installed.

Ddays

Hooked
ok ,you are going to have all kinds of issues with this bearing.

first : you cant use a tapered bearing in a single inlet muffler. this will restrict the air flow actually inhibiting why you need said bearing. You have to place a standard needle bearing in. this is why you see so many failed muffler bearings.

second: YOU HAVE NO LUBRICATION ! this will seize up in the first 10 miles. you have to soak that in a gallon of gasoline for at least a day then dump the remaining amount in the muffler after it is installed.

Dude, relax, this was a trial fitting! I didn't even have my run-out thermometer hooked up yet!

And I was told the conical bearings would actually function like a turbo and funnel air like a vortex increasing power? Make sense?

I did lube the bearing up with old motor oil I had saved up to put in my frame to keep it from rusting. Always have me some of that laying around. Never know when you need to start a fire, know whut I mean?

Ddays

Hooked
Does anyone know the best way to rotate wiper blades? Should I just to a straight left to right swap? Or should I flip them to try and change the wear pattern?

Also regarding winter air for tires....what is the best altitude to be at when switching the air? The internet is full of info, but I want accurate information. Please help.

You need one of these. Works like a charm. If you call before 2:30 you can get free shipping!

WIPER.jpg

Last edited:

rinkishjk

I prefer the straight up L/r swap. I do clean my wipers and glass with a combo of brake cleaner and sand. Removes even the toughest dirt.
As far as the air, u want to use ambient temperature air, with the proper altitude in it. Too little or too much altitude additive, and your asking for big problems with your tapered muffler bearing clearance.

Chad

Dude, relax, this was a trial fitting! I didn't even have my run-out thermometer hooked up yet!

And I was told the conical bearings would actually function like a turbo and funnel air like a vortex increasing power? Make sense?

I did lube the bearing up with old motor oil I had saved up to put in my frame to keep it from rusting. Always have me some of that laying around. Never know when you need to start a fire, know whut I mean?

That's funny shit right there!!!!

Top Bottom