can JKs go with a 15 inch wheel

gouacats

Nope...fit perfectly. Over on JK Forum there are several threads regarding the 15" MB wheels. The MB 72s fit as well.

ssh6314

I use Toyo Open Country A/T ll's they are awesome. Though expensive. My grand Cherokee I used Toyo A/T's and M/T's. Expensive. But worth the price. 10 ply. And last forever. Amazing on and off the road.

RockyJk

Ive got pro comp soft 8's in 15x10 they fit well no issues with the calipers oh and the backspacing is 3.75 i believe...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121202_220342.png
    ForumRunner_20121202_220342.png
    445 KB · Views: 64

Ignatius504

I went with the MB72's 15" with no caliper rubbing. Got them from Discount tire direct, they come in flat black or polished aluminium.
The best thing about 15's is the cost of tires are so much cheaper!

ForumRunner_20121209_114555.jpg

Last edited:

mtudb24

I have had 33 hankook MT, 33 bfg MT and now 35 duratracs. I loved the hankook and love the duratracs. Not a fan of bfgs.
Your jk will look great since you have a lift on it now with a 33 or 35 with 17 rims
Todd

charlie4

I am running MB choas 5s 15s but if I had to do over I would have went 17s for the simple fact once you get over 35" tires you are very limited on what tires you can get. I want to move up to 37s and I am going to end up buying new wheels.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can get most 15" steel wheels with work on a JK, some aluminum but most of the later will require you to grind your calipers down a bit to clear them.

Is that right? I thought I read somewhere that the steel wheels don't fit but the aluminum ones do. Did I read that wrong? If so, and steel ones work thats awesome!

1yellowjk

I'm running MB72's as well, Ran them on my JKU and now on my sport. I find that when aired down the 15x12.50x35 KM2's do VERY well on the rocks, at least the rocks and terrain we have down here in east Texas and Northern Louisianna.

I've taken my MB72's down to 10psi and haven't lost a bead yet. :)

Attachments

• Gecko Jeep.jpg
    Gecko Jeep.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 30

StrizzyChris

I'm running MB72's as well, Ran them on my JKU and now on my sport. I find that when aired down the 15x12.50x35 KM2's do VERY well on the rocks, at least the rocks and terrain we have down here in east Texas and Northern Louisianna.

That is 1greenjk!

gtony12

Caught the Bug

1yellowjk,

Nice jeep, What size lift do you have?

Top Bottom