Can you guys advice me please on couple questions and maybe some suggestions?

Ddays

Hooked
Man! what a Jeep you have!

Ok, I just finish my phone call with MetalCloak; and basically they redirected me, in fact they agree with all of you, 4.5" lift with my set of tires is pointless. So they will change my order, about the 4 arms vs the 2 arms, They explain to me that the 2 arms are mostly for heavy rock crawling and style some people like some people don't, and that the 2 arms is not much trail driving although with the variable locker can be archive a nice drive (according to them) They also told me that the best in my case, if I will lift it better go with the 4 link, just it will require some modifications and welding, I got their point and all yours, so definitely I will stay in 3.5" about the suspension they are recommending if I will upgrade go with the JK WRANGLER GAME-CHANGER SUSPENSION, 3.5", 6PAK EDITION or ROCKSPORT, due the Jeep accident history, it seems that the previous owner made some substantive damage underneath, and thats why was declared by the insurance as a Total, it explains also, why when I am driving sometimes feels unstable, but I will follow your advice I will take it slow, now one thing is 100% decided change the front axle for the Dynatrac.

LOL, sorry man, thats not my Jeep - I was showing what a great 4 arm suspension setup is capable of! Thats Eddie's Jeep Rubicat, the owner of the website. Mine (below) has dreams of following in Rubicats tire prints some day ;)

bwc.jpg

I'm not going to try to talk you out of the Metalcloak at this point, but there are other alternatives out there that really have better components. One thing I will say is DO NOT buy those 6-pack shocks! There are notorious for leaking. Its not if, it;s when that will happen. Go with a good name brand - Rancho, King, Fox, etc.

Xhisors

LOL, sorry man, thats not my Jeep - I was showing what a great 4 arm suspension setup is capable of! Thats Eddie's Jeep Rubicat, the owner of the website. Mine (below) has dreams of following in Rubicats tire prints some day ;)

View attachment 294032

I'm not going to try to talk you out of the Metalcloak at this point, but there are other alternatives out there that really have better components. One thing I will say is DO NOT buy those 6-pack shocks! There are notorious for leaking. Its not if, it;s when that will happen. Go with a good name brand - Rancho, King, Fox, etc.

Ill second this on the metalcloak 6 packs. For the price and how many problems they get its not worth the gimmick setup they have. I do like metalcloak because their office is a hop skip away from me, and the few things i have from them work well. But being apart of the mc facebook group i cant tell you how often people are posting issues with those damn things.

If you want people constantly asking about them, have money to blow and just want what you want go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

Man! what a Jeep you have!

Ok, I just finish my phone call with MetalCloak; and basically they redirected me, in fact they agree with all of you, 4.5" lift with my set of tires is pointless. So they will change my order, about the 4 arms vs the 2 arms, They explain to me that the 2 arms are mostly for heavy rock crawling and style some people like some people don't, and that the 2 arms is not much trail driving although with the variable locker can be archive a nice drive (according to them) They also told me that the best in my case, if I will lift it better go with the 4 link, just it will require some modifications and welding, I got their point and all yours, so definitely I will stay in 3.5" about the suspension they are recommending if I will upgrade go with the JK WRANGLER GAME-CHANGER SUSPENSION, 3.5", 6PAK EDITION or ROCKSPORT, due the Jeep accident history, it seems that the previous owner made some substantive damage underneath, and thats why was declared by the insurance as a Total, it explains also, why when I am driving sometimes feels unstable, but I will follow your advice I will take it slow, now one thing is 100% decided change the front axle for the Dynatrac.
Congrats on being a jeep owner. That's awesome that you got a great deal on a totaled vehicle. Because everything on the jeep can be replaced with better quality stuff. So anything that deemed it totaled will be scrapped out and replaced. Just take the advice from those around here. Most everyone here has made wrong decisions and changed it up later. So let us pay for those mistakes and let them teach you. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Ill second this on the metalcloak 6 packs. For the price and how many problems they get its not worth the gimmick setup they have. I do like metalcloak because their office is a hop skip away from me, and the few things i have from them work well. But being apart of the mc facebook group i cant tell you how often people are posting issues with those damn things.

If you want people constantly asking about them, have money to blow and just want what you want go for it.

I have their adjustable control arms and they've been awesome, but those square shocks look like rock magnets to me...

Xhisors

I have their adjustable control arms and they've been awesome, but those square shocks look like rock magnets to me...

Rocks are the least of your concern with those. Between the shock rods being bent for various reasons and leaking its just not worth the headache. For that price you might as well start looking at coilover setups where they... actually work.. with half the maintenance.

nomorenoless

One thing I will say is DO NOT buy those 6-pack shocks! There are notorious for leaking. Its not if, it;s when that will happen. Go with a good name brand - Rancho, King, Fox, etc.

I had it clear ever since they told me that I had to refill the nitrogen every 5 to 6 months.
Nice Jeep anyway man! BY THE WAY thanks for the advices.

nomorenoless

Congrats on being a jeep owner. That's awesome that you got a great deal on a totaled vehicle. Because everything on the jeep can be replaced with better quality stuff. So anything that deemed it totaled will be scrapped out and replaced. Just take the advice from those around here. Most everyone here has made wrong decisions and changed it up later. So let us pay for those mistakes and let them teach you. Welcome!

Thanks man, I noticed what you just advised :rock:

jeeeep

Hooked
I know it's been mentioned, but I would sell the 20" wheels and go with 17's if you plan to wheel you Jeep (you mentioned mid-level rocks)

When on the trail you want to be able to air down. This helps soften the ride and allow the tire to flex and get a better grip on obstacles.

35" tires on 20's does not leave much sidewall on the tire for flexing and you will not be able to air down much if any.

I think I read you also mentioned some handling issues, with a 3.5" lift you want to have a drag link flip kit, this will put the drag link in parallel with the track bar and eliminate the bump steer.

Also check your caster angle to make sure it's correct this write up will help you:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...nt-End-Alignment?p=42391&viewfull=1#post42391

Lots of options, get a good lift kit with Johnny Joints, you'll be glad you did - they are proven. I've had mine now for 150k miles.

I'd recommend 4.88 gearing for the 35's. The newer Jeeps have enough power and IMO 4.88's are a good fit.

good luck :thumb:

paloduro3.jpg

Last edited:

nomorenoless

I know it's been mentioned, but I would sell the 20" wheels and go with 17's if you plan to wheel you Jeep (you mentioned mid-level rocks)
When on the trail you want to be able to air down. This helps soften the ride and allow the tire to flex and get a better grip on obstacles. 35" tires on 20's does not leave much sidewall on the tire for flexing and you will not be able to air down much if any.

Hey man, thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have reach the cap for my Jeep expenses, maybe in the future but just the two axle's plus the lift kit kills my piggy bank...

I think I read you also mentioned some handling issues, with a 3.5" lift you want to have a drag link flip kit, this will put the drag link in parallel with the track bar and eliminate the bump steer.
I really will take a look into it, and read more and see what I can do, one thing is sure for now is this, I won't gear MetalCloak unfortunately, the reason is weight, I found out that the secret to have a great ride and an awesome performance is the weight, they assume everyone will have a very light bumpers and not too much travel bags.
Which is not my case, I have the whole Atlas set, which makes my Jeep be very heavy, it has its downsides but it also has its advantages.

Lots of options, get a good lift kit with Johnny Joints, you'll be glad you did - they are proven. I've had mine now for 150k miles.
Do EVO come with these joints? I think I will end buying EVO because of what I just said before

I'd recommend 4.88 gearing for the 35's. The newer Jeeps have enough power and IMO 4.88's are a good fit.
I will get your and Ddays word andI will go with a Dynatrac 44 or G2 44 (although on the G2 I won't use their chaffs) most likely if 4wheels give me a good price I will go with Dynatrac)

Last edited:

JKbrick

Hey man, thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have reach the cap for my Jeep expenses, maybe in the future but just the two axle's plus the lift kit kills my piggy bank...

I really will take a look into it, and read more and see what I can do, one thing is sure for now is this, I won't gear MetalCloak unfortunately, the reason is weight, I found out that the secret to have a great ride and an awesome performance is the weight, they assume everyone will have a very light bumpers and not too much travel bags.
Which is not my case, I have the whole Atlas set, which makes my Jeep be very heavy, it has its downsides but it also has its advantages.

Do EVO come with these joints? I think I will end buying EVO because of what I just said before

I will get your and Ddays word andI will go with a Dynatrac 44 or G2 44 (although on the G2 I won't use their chaffs) most likely if 4wheels give me a good price I will go with Dynatrac)

Don’t call 4wheels, call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps here on the forum for Dynatrac

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

nomorenoless

Don’t call 4wheels, call Bubba at Exodus Jeeps here on the forum for Dynatrac

I saw their prices and have no match, they are hyper expensive, by example:
Dynatrac Trail Leader Axle Package
$6,499.00

I can get an Dynatrac unlimited with ARB air Dif locker, 4:88, 35 CH spine with ball joints assembled, all for 5650 and right now they are working on get for me an extra 14% discount, thanks for the advice but I have found some sales are way overrated around here. Also on the Dynatrac, I learned something yesterday at night I was reading the metal used on the G2 vs the Dynatrac, although the Dynatrac is more beefy the G2 uses a metal process that I am very well aware of it, that makes the very same resistance of the Dynatrac but with significant weight difference, so at the moment I have set 2 options and I am waiting on them to call me for the prices.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
$6,499.00

I can get an Dynatrac unlimited with ARB air Dif locker, 4:88, 35 CH spine with ball joints assembled, all for 5650 and right now they are working on get for me an extra 14% discount, thanks for the advice but I have found some sales are way overrated around here. Also on the Dynatrac, I learned something yesterday at night I was reading the metal used on the G2 vs the Dynatrac, although the Dynatrac is more beefy the G2 uses a metal process that I am very well aware of it, that makes the very same resistance of the Dynatrac but with significant weight difference, so at the moment I have set 2 options and I am waiting on them to call me for the prices.

Not sure where your getting your info, but if your comparing a Dynatrac axle to a G2, you need to do more research.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
$6,499.00

I would still call Bubba at exodus before you decide. He will definitely work with you, he has given great deals to members here. Plus he has the best customer service I've experienced when it comes to buying parts. He also helps support this forum.

Ddays

Hooked
I would still call Bubba at exodus before you decide. He will definitely work with you, he has given great deals to members here. Plus he has the best customer service I've experienced when it comes to buying parts. He also helps support this forum.

That's a great idea. Sounds like you have some basic ideas on what you want to do but are really undecided as to where to go. I'd call Bubba and talk with him about what you want to accomplish long term with your Jeep. I don't know him at all but he always seems to give really good sound advice here. I'd bet he can point you in the right direction. Not that we all don't mind giving advice over anything, but sometimes having a conversation accomplishes a lot more.

nomorenoless

$6,499.00.

I retract from that reckless statement that I wrote! I did followed your advice and yes, you guys are right, he is cool and workout things with me, now I have it clear, I am glad I took the advice, it seems that I am set. Ready for my upgrade when ever Dynatrac send my axle.

About metals; it will be impossible to answer it without a loooooong explanation of chemistry and physics. Density of molecules and atomic structure and modification of these bonds... However, all that I know is just what they publish on their press releases, the thing will be when I get them, I am getting a piece of a bended G2 and if I bend my Dynatrac I will test it too, but so far with the G2 I will know if what they say is true or just promotion BS.

Thanks guys for all the help!

Last edited:

nomorenoless

I just bought the Trail Leader package from Exodus. He answered all my questions and made me a killer deal.

Oh so was you, you got the last one on inventory! I have to wait more or less 4 to 5 weeks for my new axle but the wait will be paid off. Same here I got the same pack

nomorenoless

The upgrade has begun

Thanks guys I really appreciate very much the suggestions and all the inputs, I have made a channel in youtube, from the ORG in which I work, (no profit) I just I hope you guys watch what you guys have help me to build, here is the first video: https://youtu.be/njiHoEW8MLA

BY THE WAY I have given a name to the JEEP, his name is Atlas!

Top Bottom