Can't Get Doors Off

Jiblet

what size and where did you order your Delrin bushings from? I used them on an Austin Healy I used to have and they lasted... also thinking they may be a better replacement for the shift linkage bushing

I got mine from Magnitude Engineering when they were the only player for JKs. And he only had white at the time. Other companies make them and black is available, too.

I run OEM half doors may-oct and full doors the rest of the year. The Delrin bushings are so buttery smooth and slippery that I HAVE to use the hinge nuts on my half doors. Otherwise I pull the door right off when I remove my uppers. That Delrin is crazy slippery.

Rccrwlr

It's been pouring rain all day today and wasn't able to yesterday. Really hoping to try and get them off for Fourth of July.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fingers crossed. It really is a cool experience to drive around with no doors.

--rccrwlr

tonytony9

Fingers crossed. It really is a cool experience to drive around with no doors.

--rccrwlr

Gonna go at it today I believe and she what happens. Unless the weather calls for rain again 😐🔫

tonytony9

Houston...We have lift off!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404482907.048261.jpg

Thank you for all the help everyone!!

rodgerdathug

Haha great video. How wet do the carpets and seats get? Because it's gonna pour today where I live...

Driving not bad sitting in the parking lot not bad. Only time it gets soaked is that downpour but even then maybe 1/2 in and seat were soaked. I live in ky so we had some bad storm here. Girlfriend on the other hand get a lil pissy about it lol

Living it one day at a time
Dirty disabled veteran
WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wcarlson40

I got mine from Magnitude Engineering when they were the only player for JKs. And he only had white at the time. Other companies make them and black is available, too.

I run OEM half doors may-oct and full doors the rest of the year. The Delrin bushings are so buttery smooth and slippery that I HAVE to use the hinge nuts on my half doors. Otherwise I pull the door right off when I remove my uppers. That Delrin is crazy slippery.

Bumping this thread for a quality product. Just installed new bushings today after the stock ones were starting to rust. The install tool made it a breeze. A little pricey, but they'll last forever and never rust. Bought mine here http://www.magnitude-engineering.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=65

theprospect13

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435883021.087698.jpg I had to use some random wood and car parts to get the height I needed. Also installed new plastic bushings Instead of the oem ones that lasted 1 year and wayyyy over priced

Top Bottom