Cant take my doors off argh

Dannyboy76

It took me sometime. I had to rock the doors back and forth a couple of times and use WD40. But the does come off the easiest at a 45 degree angle. I also do roll down the windows to get a better grip.

NY1982JK

It took me sometime. I had to rock the doors back and forth a couple of times and use WD40. But the does come off the easiest at a 45 degree angle. I also do roll down the windows to get a better grip.

^^^ This is what I did. I had to lift up hard while opening and closing the door about 45 degrees. Big thing that helped me in future attempts was to clean the dirt and gunk out of the hinge and put some fresh white lithium grease in the hole.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I sprayed some pb blaster on the hinges. Then in drove down to the hardware store for some parts. Then when I got home, the doors came off easily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

as mentioned, lube will help out a lot. if you still can't get it. open your door, place a floor jack under it, place a cut down piece of 2x4 standing vertically on the jack and place another horizontally on top of it to protect your door and then, raise the jack a bit to put pressure on the door. rotate the door slightly back and forth and then raise the jack just a bit more and repeat as needed. when the door comes, it'll come quickly so be ready for it.

Eddie, old post - I know but searched for this and it was the exact answer I needed. This weekend my son took the doors off his 2009 JKU for the first time ever!! I know, kids these days are such a disappointment!... anyway, the doors would not come off. I put my floor jack (with a 4X4 block for cushioning) under each door and lifted a inch or so. Wiggling didn't help, so I had him stand on the tub (door jamb) and bounce... all four came right off - fast!

So here is my question.....

When we put the doors back on, the plastic liner stuff in each door hinge was so gummed up and partially disintegrated that the doors just got stuck or would not drop all the way into the hinge. SO>>>

I removed each plastic line or the parts thereof with wobbly-d-40 (WD40) and a small flat screwdriver. Now doors go on and off like I think they should...... here is the question (finally)....

Do we need to purchase and replace these little plastic or Teflon or whatever little liners??? they don't seem to do much, but I don't really know (much).... I hope you see this or somebody from my jeep framily jumps in here.....

TANGO YANKEE!!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Before I put my doors back on I put a small layer of bearing packing grease on the pins. Not to much. Very lightly. ....:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DirtyJeeP

I've never had my doors off yet. I don't know the joy of struggling to remove my doors. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend I'll (try to) pull them off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

I've never had my doors off yet. I don't know the joy of struggling to remove my doors. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend I'll (try to) pull them off.

I had them ones big I'm scare that some Dbag will crash in to me with out the doors ouch!!

Ldogg

The more you take them off the easier they are to remove. The first time I did mine to took two of us and some WD40 to pop the passenger side off. Now they are easy to remove.

As for keeping the kids in? Rock doors are the way to go. Gives you that open air feeling but still the security of a door.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400038139.104113.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400038210.392975.jpg

DA RUNT

Roll the windows down and just give it a lil lift. Comes right out ;) ok, I don't take off the stock doors cause they're heavy but I do put the trail doors on and off

IMAG1547.jpg

Thanks Malia for putting my trail doors on :thumb: Now post some pics of the new ones ;)

Last edited:

jiggawhatpolo

I had to use a jack in my side steps to get them out the first time. Now they come out every year easy. I did buy my jeep used.

U GOONIE

jesse3638

Hooked
I had them ones big I'm scare that some Dbag will crash in to me with out the doors ouch!!

I figured I'd rather get t-boned with the doors off that way I'm just forced out the other side rather than pinned up against the opposite door..;)

I'm scared one of my kids will fall out LOL!!

I was too but I put my daughters car seat in the middle and its a 5 point so its kinda hard for her to undo it. She was also a bit scared sitting on the outside with no doors so by moving her to the middle she loves it now...:D

Last edited:

DirtyJeeP

I figured I'd rather get t-boned with the doors off that way I'm just forced out the other side rather than pinned up against the opposite door..;)

I was too but I put my daughters car seat in the middle and its a 5 point so its kinda hard for her to undo it. She was also a bit scared sitting on the outside with no doors so by moving her to the middle she loves it now...:D

Good idea. But my issue is I have 2 kids 1 is in a booster seat now and is kinda clumsy. The other is just getting into a booster seat and doesn't fit in a car seat anymore. Just have to get some half doors I guess.

TheStick

Good idea. But my issue is I have 2 kids 1 is in a booster seat now and is kinda clumsy. The other is just getting into a booster seat and doesn't fit in a car seat anymore. Just have to get some half doors I guess.

I'm with you. Last summer mine was in the harness and I did the same as the above poster. Moved her to the middle and all was good. This year, first year in a booster, and I am nervous about it. Just not nearly as secure.

DirtyJeeP

I'm with you. Last summer mine was in the harness and I did the same as the above poster. Moved her to the middle and all was good. This year, first year in a booster, and I am nervous about it. Just not nearly as secure.

Yep. I'm thinking about buying Master craft seats and installing 5 point harnesses for the little ones.

TheDuff

I met the clumsy one!:D

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom