CarolinaJK's 2-Door Build Thread

WJCO

Meme King
This install should be fun. No instructions [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Plenty of us have done this mod. We'll help you out if needed. :thumb:

The 2 bolts on each side of the frame that go vertical (front most bolts), you will keep those, don't throw them away. Remove rear bumper and factory tow hook. Insert d-ring into frame on each side and put bolts through. Then mark the frame where it will be cut. Pull d-rings back out. Cut frame. You'll notice when you cut the frame, the little cavity on the crossmember will get bigger, grind it out just enough to fit the flag nut that came with the kit to pass through the crossmember hole, you'll have to put it in there later. After it's all cut, paint it black for rust prevention. Then install it all together.

1004161420.jpg

1004161542 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
You don't cut the crossmember, just some of the rails that stick out past the crossmember. I don't see how the integrity of the frame is compromised in any way. Chop on!

WJCO

Meme King
Chopping that rear crossmember isn't going to affect anything? Kinda iffy about cutting it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No! Don't cut the crossmember itself. Look at my picture above and see where I cut. I left the cut off piece on top of the crossmember so you can see how much to cut off. When you cut off the right amount, you will SLIGHTLY cut off some tiny ears on the crossmember where that hole is and it will automatically open it up a little. Post a picture of where you're at so far.

GraniteCrystal

Nice!

You going to paint the pinch seem in the back black or leave silver?

Never noticed the Faschia exposes the crossmember like that. Plugging those holes with anything to prevent water from getting in there? I wonder why it exposes that section.

Top Bottom