Carrying a Spare Shaft?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
NO, not THAT shaft! Lol

Been wanting to carry a spare axle shaft for the front and a spare rear driveshaft. For those who are carrying these and other large parts:

How are you carrying them? Just tossing them in the back or have them mounted and secured somehow?

Sorry if this has been posted already, I tried looking first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I run a dana 60 SF rear and carry a set of spare rear shafts on longer runs knowing that’s a complete show stopper if one fails outright. I store them under the rear seats.

Drive shafts can be removed or replace a u joint if necessary to get you off a trail and back home.

I would carry u joints first.

I like having those around as well. My rear driveshaft is still stock and I have another stock as my spare, so the u joint won’t work there. As far as my front axle shaft goes my spares are actually brand new and pre-assembled. If I found a decent way to mount it for long trips it seems like it would make sense to have the whole axle shaft

I run a dana 60 SF rear and carry a set of spare rear shafts on longer runs knowing that’s a complete show stopper if one fails outright. I store them under the rear seats.

Drive shafts can be removed or replace a u joint if necessary to get you off a trail and back home.

I agree on pulling front driveshafts. I just moved out to Texas and the closest wheeling spots are 2+ hours away and I don’t want to have to run 4hi all the way home if I blew the rear driveshaft. Once I upgrade to an adams with ujoints I won’t worry about the entire assembly

Top Bottom