Casting sand

4Low

Not sure where the sand or clay is from. Must be either the block or the radiator im guessing the block. Way more clay than a heater core would ever hold so its got to be the block i would think. The thought of where else the clay may have gone kinda scares me but i wont own it when its out of warranty anyway i guess. Ive changed the oil in it everytime except once and never seen anything abnormal in the filter or coming out the oil pan.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Are heater cores cast aluminum? I always assumed they were like a little radiator. My line of thought was casting sand from the block must collect in the heater core, learned something new today

According to chrysler, the sand is from the core. Whether or not that's accurate info, I don't know.

4Low

Update: its now been 8 days, still havent gotten the jeep back yet. Apparently after they got it back together last week friday (new radiator, new heater core, new overflow bottle) , the airbag light came on due to a faulty seat belt tensioner. Not sure if i believe its unrelated but whatever. So they ordered the part it came in today and it was the wrong one. So now they are telling me hopefully i will get it back black friday. I drove by the dealership this past weekend to see if it was outside and it was sitting there with a broken roller fairlead license plate bracket. I asked them about that and they said if i buy one and turn in the receipt for it they will pay me back. I also asked them about doing the power steering hose recall and they dont have any parts in stock to do it yet. Not real happy but it is what it is i guess.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
. I drove by the dealership this past weekend to see if it was outside and it was sitting there with a broken roller fairlead license plate bracket. I asked them about that and they said if i buy one and turn in the receipt for it they will pay me back.

I would be pissed.

4Low

I had several other issues with the dealer such as scratched bodywork, broken trim pieces, broken airbox, seat heaters quit working, go the jeep back dirty covered in antifreeze. It got so bad I traded it. ATTACH=CONFIG]59903[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20131209_185829 - Copy.jpg
    20131209_185829 - Copy.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 101

bl17z90

I wouldn't have traded my Jeep in over that stuff. I would have bugged them for months. If you make enough noise they will eventually listen to you. I made the mistake once of not saying anything when the dealer ripped my seat covers and have regretted not saying anything ever since.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Had mine in a month ago for clogged heater core. They replaced heater core, radiator and oil cooler. Took them 3 days including ordering parts. All civered by warranty.

So far all is well. I haven't gound anything damaged or loose.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

4Low

The dealer that did the damage didnt perform the best but the service manager was working on making things right. I just pulled the plug and traded. Good news is the dealer that i had the issue with has offered to make me right with some parts for the new one.

Top Bottom