Caterpillar build

vjusmc

Here's my 2015 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited HardRock.

Current mods:
-Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger lift
-Method Race wheels
-Toyo Mud Grapler 37"x13.50R17
-Re-geared to 5:13 gears
-Off Road Evolution rock skins
-Off Road Evolution Drag link flip
-Spidershade sun shade
-50" LED light bar
-Dual LED cube pod lights
-AEV programmer
-ORFAB tire carrier/Fuel carrier
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430533297.557086.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430532694.876606.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430533172.668473.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430532563.490070.jpg

vjusmc

Feel free to post some of your pictures. I always like seeing similar builds just to get pointers. Up next I'm going to put together an on board air system.

Samgm

i also have a 3.5 gamechanger
37s
17x9.5 raceline beadlocks
5.13 gears.
ect.,,,
doing or fab tire carrier this weekend.
hope i dont fck it up ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431188484.921466.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431188528.765691.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431188695.899175.jpg

n3tfury

i also have a 3.5 gamechanger
37s
17x9.5 raceline beadlocks
5.13 gears.
ect.,,,
doing or fab tire carrier this weekend.
hope i dont fck it up

Another great looking rig. Those are definitely Smitty's. I should have grabbed the set locally - dude was selling on CL for $120. Fuck.

vjusmc

The metal cloak lift is great. I have no complaints at all. The only other kit I would buy over this one would be coilovers.

I named my rid Caterpillar because of its ability to simply crawl over anything I put in its way. That's because of the great flex and articulation this lift gives me.

vjusmc

My rig received a 980. The best part was that Metalcloak pointed out a couple of adjustments that are needed. I need to move my rear brake line mounting points up about 1 inch and shortened my rear arms a couple of turns.

big dr

You will find there are some people on this forum who aren't the biggest fans of metalcloak, and I'm sure its based on their own experiences or others they have seen. I personally like some of there products and dont have a problem with the company. I think it is cool they took the time to go over your rig and point out some little things that might help you. I also like their CTI ramp. Your rig looks great,, keep at it.:thumb:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
My rig received a 980. The best part was that Metalcloak pointed out a couple of adjustments that are needed. I need to move my rear brake line mounting points up about 1 inch and shortened my rear arms a couple of turns.

Oh cool, is 980 good or bad? Nice looking jeep. I like white jeeps.

n3tfury

That's pretty impressive considering one of the head guys at MC scored a 980 on his own JKU.

vjusmc

980 is a good score from what they told me. I haven't done the modifications that where suggested but need to get working on them. I'm also going to trim my rear tabs a little. Metalcloak said 900-1000 is not uncommon with my setup.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What tabs need to be trimmed? They said your brake lines needed to be moved up also?

Hartj17

LOSER
I just went to 37's and a 3.5 lift. Can you show us what you trimmed if any out of the rear wells? I'm thinking of cutting mine but not sure what others have trimmed out. BTW, 2015 JKU

vjusmc

I'll snap some pictures later this afternoon showing what needs to be done. By the way I regained my MPG's after my regear ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431354780.398041.jpg

Top Bottom