cb antenna mount

HDGasser

I did a little bit of research when looking around to find out why my 50w radio was getting only a couple miles of good clear signal and found out where I had it mounted on the tail gate between the hard top and the spare tire is actually the worst place possible to mount an cb/race radio antenna. Some shit about SWR reading and some other tech mumbo BS. Turns out it can actually be bad for the radio itself.

The cowl is supposedly the most "efficient" place to mount one but they look kinda stupid so I kinda improvised with some extra poison spyder pillar light mounts I had laying around.

So far so good. Signal that was broken before is crystal clear now. I won't know how far till my next desert trip.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
With a tunable tip antenna and an SWR meter you can get a perfectly fine signal with a gate mounted system.

jeeeep

Hooked
I did a little bit of research when looking around to find out why my 50w radio was getting only a couple miles of good clear signal and found out where I had it mounted on the tail gate between the hard top and the spare tire is actually the worst place possible to mount an cb/race radio antenna. Some shit about SWR reading and some other tech mumbo BS. Turns out it can actually be bad for the radio itself.

The cowl is supposedly the most "efficient" place to mount one but they look kinda stupid so I kinda improvised with some extra poison spyder pillar light mounts I had laying around.

So far so good. Signal that was broken before is crystal clear now. I won't know how far till my next desert trip.

yea. I ran into the same problem, didn't move the antenna to the front but raised it above the top and it seems better - I raised it too far the 1st time and seems like it caught on every limb within a 1 mile distance lol..I ended up about 6" above the top.

As mentioned earlier here is where mounted my antenna. I used an aluminum mirror mount 36 in fire stick tunable antenna. Ran the coax the ought vent in the gate along the wire bundle then up the roll bar.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391896112.492081.jpg
CB on the sport cage using a KC light mount.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391896159.392021.jpg

Sent from my fRuit device using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rccrwlr

With a tunable tip antenna and an SWR meter you can get a perfectly fine signal with a gate mounted system.

Agree. First tune I did completely wrong, in the garage with the doors open etc etc. when we went with a group, couldn't hear a thing unless they were closer than 12" away. Brought it home and did a swr tune in the HS parking lot. Ended up with a 1.2. Still need to check on next outing. This time I'm bringing my meter

HDGasser

Top Bottom