CB antenna

Thanks for the reply! What I am referring to is if you got rid of the stainless/aluminum mount you have your antenna mounted to and drilled a hole directly into the part that meets your tire to mount the antenna, would this give a sufficient ground? My tire mount is bolted directly to the tailgate and not the bumper. I figured any metal on metal surface that completes a circuit through the battery is a good ground, could be wrong.

try doing a continuity check to see how good the ground it. My antenna mount is right against the paint and I have a good ground. Where you would run into problems is if there were insulators that would prevent the antenna making a good ground. Try it and see where it goes. If you need to run a separate ground you can down to the frame and not have to drill into your painted panels.

R/
Will

JayKay

Caught the Bug
try doing a continuity check to see how good the ground it. My antenna mount is right against the paint and I have a good ground. Where you would run into problems is if there were insulators that would prevent the antenna making a good ground. Try it and see where it goes. If you need to run a separate ground you can down to the frame and not have to drill into your painted panels.

R/
Will

Will do! Thanks for the input. Throughout my jeep build, I've done everything I can not to drill into the body. Going on a road trip in a couple of weeks for a trout fishing trip, would like to have my CB hooked up by then for the interstate driving we'll be doing. I'll let you know how everything works out!

Silver5665

I don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I would ask anyways. I have installed my Cobra 75 with a 4' firestik. I purchased an SWR meter to tune the system but cannot figure out how to hook it up to the 75 since it does not have the same configuration as most cb's. The 75 power unit, that is installed under the dash, has an antenna inlet and then a hardwire pigtail coming out for the mic. The SWR meter ties in between the power unit, antenna and mic since the mic acts as the cb unit too. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Voodoo Actual

I don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I would ask anyways. I have installed my Cobra 75 with a 4' firestik. I purchased an SWR meter to tune the system but cannot figure out how to hook it up to the 75 since it does not have the same configuration as most cb's. The 75 power unit, that is installed under the dash, has an antenna inlet and then a hardwire pigtail coming out for the mic. The SWR meter ties in between the power unit, antenna and mic since the mic acts as the cb unit too. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the 75. You just need another connector to get the SWR meter in line to tune your radio. The only difference is it's a remote radio head.

Here is the connector you'll need:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394922969.313295.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Is it ok if my CB antenna rests against my spare? The only way I've found to mount it would leave it resting against the spare. Will this affect reception?

Top Bottom