CB Install Help

I have one sitting in the garage.

You can pick them up at most truck stops in their cb radio section.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I know this is off topic, but didn't really want to start a new thread for my one question. Anyone have a Cobra Ultra 19? (Yes I know it's a cheap little radio, but mine was free) Just got done running the coax and since I had it ran to the front of the jeep, I decided to run some jumper wires to the battery to test it out. I get a decent signal for being in the garage, but the radio is VERY quiet, even with the volume all the way up. I'm afraid I won't even be able to hear it while driving. Anyone else experience this with theirs? I don't really wanna run an external speaker.

Patrick

I used a metal shelf support bar - from B&Q - which at 4'6" sits across the roll bars and the CB sits nicely over the rear view mirror

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397753912.579418.jpg

The advantage is that the shelf support is a square U shape, so the open side is at top. The power lead feeds from the battery and up the left-side window pillar cover, and the aerial and mike cable feeds down the right side. My local cb dealer, Thunderpole, made me a non-coiled mike extension cable, so that when I feed it down the right side pillar casing, it goes behind the dash and so the mike cable comes up from under the dash- I didn't want cables hanging in front of the rear view mirror

Last edited:

Patrick

In my JK I have the Cobra 75. It initially in the console box, crossways, on it's mounting bracket. Recently, I removed the bracket, because I found some heavy duty Velcro. This enables me to fit this Cb unit a little deeper in the console box
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397933946.037238.jpg

OC JK

You can get some parts from home depot and make a mount for ~$15.

I used 2 insulated 3/8" clamps. Two 3/4" L brackets and some nuts and bolts. I mounted the clamps on the middle footman loop. Then market a spot for a new hole on the mounting bracket that Cobra provided. Then it's pretty straightforward from there.

Mine doesn't shake at all and stays put. Even after a day of offroading.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can you post a pic of it?

trailless

Caught the Bug
Can you post a pic of it?

Here you go. For about $15 in parts, I think its worth a shot.

pWbaN6S.jpg

OC JK

Here you go. For about $15 in parts, I think its worth a shot.

pWbaN6S.jpg

Thats why I was so confused. I thought it was to mount a cb on the center of the dash. Its still a pretty cool setup and very creative :thumb:

Top Bottom