CB radio mount on JK?

boardsurfer

On mine there is plastic over the center loop the screws do not appear accessible does anyone know if the Rugged Ridge goes around this plastic or if it would have to be removed

You have take the plastic off and remove the screws that hold the loop. I'm not 100% on the years, but I think 2011 and earlier are rivets instead of bolts, so some drilling. The kit comes with replacements though
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449169595.072691.jpg

Bosunmate

Cobra 75 hand held unit for me as well. I use it for trails only so the hand held unit is stored in my center console most of the time.

trailraider

i mounted mine to the upper part of windsheild as well. i like the location . i however did turn mine to the left for better visability and inadvertantly screwed my sunvisor use up. image.jpeg

animalhouse

My '11 had screws, the rugged ridge mount is a very simple install, I now have a rollbar mount, pm me your address and I'll send you my old rr mount.

JeepDrum

I have an 09 and didn't have to use the rivets with it. I think it changes after the 2010s not sure though.
So yours just unbolted? I have an 08 and I'm curious since I've been looking at the rugged ridge mount.

Do you guys know what happens after the rivets are drilled out? Do more rivets go back in its place, or new bolts instead?

Dirt Foot

I mounted mine here. The speaker is out and I can hear it much better.

Attachments

• 1451513776779.jpg
    1451513776779.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 1451513806081.jpg
    1451513806081.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 168
Top Bottom