• photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 274

dannymalkin

:cheesy: I don't know why but that made me laugh :crazyeyes:

Lol well I'm glad it made you laugh. It was only a waste of $35 and hours of frustration. If you would like an overpriced mount that will make it 100% impossible to have a straight antenna with a 1/4" thick powdercoat with no where to ground and two random holes with the "L" part not even level, I suggest someone buy this mount.

Rant over 😂

I've got the Cooltech gate mount. Came with cable and all hardware needed, as well as a 3 ft Firefly antenna. Tuned easily and was nice to get everything I needed in one place. Using that with a Cobra 19 CB. Cheap and simple, but gets the job done.

swazza94

I'm mounting mine to my Front Bumper as i have dedicated points for it? Might not be the fanciest looking but does the trick :)

SaddleTramp

Here's my antenna mount.

Had to go this route to clear my tire carrier when it's closed and keep the antenna low enough to be able to keep it on in the garage. Didn't like any of the quick disconnects so just keep the Firestik on all the time.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418712573.816775.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418712613.271600.jpg

LeighP

Most everyone here in Australia mounts their antenna on the front bar...usually on the centre loop. Most bars here come with 2+ antenna mounts on them.

Not the most close up pic, but you can see where it mounts.

Of course, we use 80 channel UHF for our CB's here....not sure what you guys are using in the way of frequency range (are you using 27mhz?).
UHF antennas seem to work best when you get them out away from the vehicle, so the bar is a popular place. The roof is a top spot for antenna performance, and probably the best place to get your antenna ripped off the first time you go off road, lol.

Number1navydad

I mounted a fire stick with a 90 degree adapter and a spring to my spare tire rack. I placed a hook on the other side of the rack to hold the antenna while it is folded. It is a 48" antenna and sticks out no farther than the fender flare when folded. The 90 deg. adapter allows me to fold the antenna down to park in my garage. Here is a generic pic of the adapter and I will take pics of my setup tomorrow in the daylight. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418873401.299320.jpg

rosst192

I mounted a fire stick with a 90 degree adapter and a spring to my spare tire rack. I placed a hook on the other side of the rack to hold the antenna while it is folded. It is a 48" antenna and sticks out no farther than the fender flare when folded. The 90 deg. adapter allows me to fold the antenna down to park in my garage. Here is a generic pic of the adapter and I will take pics of my setup tomorrow in the daylight. View attachment 115359

Never have seen this before, but it's exactly what I need!

dillard09

My antenna is mounted to my evo corners. It rubs on my hardtop a bit but it's all good.

Attachments

• 1418905396638.jpg
    1418905396638.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 181

JeepDrum

Would a roof rack interfere with a cb antenna? I have a Garvin and theres a spot on the rear support post that the license plate bracket mounts to (the oem mount is removed during installation of the rack) that I feel would be a convenient place to mount an antenna bracket. The antenna would basically run parallel to the support post within a few inches of it though. Would it be ok as long as the tip of the antenna was above the rack or would it cause a crazy swr reading?

Top Bottom