cb radio static

Skid_Kid

There is a nylon lip on the fire ring, it needs to face towards the bracket and not the bolt. Make sense? I have a cobra 75 and a tailgate mounted 4' firestik firefly. You need to get an swr meter to calibrate unless your cb included one. Make sure the coax isn't shorted out because of damage and make sure you test outside of a garage with 20-30 feet of open air around and you are in the jeep, not standing next to it.

View attachment 43563 View attachment 43564 View attachment 43565

How close is your antenna to your spare? I am having an issue with the Teraflex antenna mount I bought, I cannot mount the antenna due to it hitting the spare. I have been looking at the mount you have.

sean.m.adams33

I've had the worst luck with my CB radio since I put it in. I can't get it to tune with the SWR and last outing it would switch over to channel 9 and not let me change the channel. Eventually it wouldn't display the channel at all. The ground wire is connected directly to the battery. Anybody have any ideas??

jeeeep

Hooked
I haven't had the rubber tip in over a year - works fine - you can just use electrical tape over it if you want.

Top Bottom