CB radio

rogerk93

I have a 4 door and 18ft was not long enough from the rear tailgate. I tucked everything under the carpet but was 2 feet short. So I ended up getting an additional 3 feet attached to the original cord

trailraider

I have a 4 door and 18ft was not long enough from the rear tailgate. I tucked everything under the carpet but was 2 feet short. So I ended up getting an additional 3 feet attached to the original cord

I have a 4 door with 18' of cable and had extra cable.

I ran my cable along the sport bar when I had the top off. unzipped the cover tucked it in. way easier then under the carpet.

Last edited:

rogerk93

I ran my cable along the sport bar when I had the top off. unzipped the cover tucked it in. way easier then under the carpet.

The next time I take my top off I'm going to run it this way. Less cable would be better and it would hide the cable better than it coming up from the carpet on the passenger side. Thanks for the input.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I guess I am a bit confused, but when I did it with QuicksilverJK, the routing took all of about 15 minutes. I am just not seeing how under the carpet was so hard? It did not require the removal of the hardtop and we simply went through the rear door hole left by the 3rd brake light, zip tied to the power door lock wiring, then off we went around the rear apron, under the step moulding of the right rear passenger side, then straight across underneath the right front passenger seat.

Maybe you guys are looking to route for an up high install of the CB radio unit?

trailraider

I guess I am a bit confused, but when I did it with QuicksilverJK, the routing took all of about 15 minutes. I am just not seeing how under the carpet was so hard? It did not require the removal of the hardtop and we simply went through the rear door hole left by the 3rd brake light, zip tied to the power door lock wiring, then off we went around the rear apron, under the step moulding of the right rear passenger side, then straight across underneath the right front passenger seat.

Maybe you guys are looking to route for an up high install of the CB radio unit?

my CB is mounted by the rear view mirror. top was already off. routing the wire was all of maybe 5 mins, if that .

benatc1

Hooked

I did this exact same route, just installed in center console, was very simple

Ddays

Hooked

my CB is mounted by the rear view mirror. top was already off. routing the wire was all of maybe 5 mins, if that .

I did this exact same route, just installed in center console, was very simple

I ran my wire under the carpet and CB is above rearview mirror as well. 18' wire fit, but there wasn't much left over.

Top Bottom