CB Tuning Issue

Sorry rear tire carrier.

You can run it a few ways. You can choose to run it along your cage then down and out the back or run it from your mirror along your windshield down your A pillar and along your passenger side floor boards then back up and around your cage then out. One of the biggest things is what to do with the excess. You don't want to coil it up or wind it up in any way. The best thing to do is spread it out evenly or find a way to route it so it uses the entire length. To make tuning easier most coax cables are in 3ft increments. Most go with either 18' or 21' for JKU's. I personally use an 18'. The more you wrap your antenna up with the more interference it may receive. I have mine run along my passenger floor up over my wheel well and out the back. I do not have it intertwined with my stock harness. Hope this helps some if any haha.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Here are the best pictures I have at the moment:

IMG_20150628_120411705_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141231_085500484_HDR.jpg

I have tried installing the FireRing using the two different orientations outlined by FireStick, but neither seem to make a difference. The paint under the ring has been removed and was cleaned down to bare metal.

Thanks again guys for all of the help!

The key is to have the raised surface of the fire ring facing the mounting surface. Hard to tell from the pics but verify it is not backwards.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Here are the best pictures I have at the moment:

View attachment 157820

View attachment 157822

I have tried installing the FireRing using the two different orientations outlined by FireStick, but neither seem to make a difference. The paint under the ring has been removed and was cleaned down to bare metal.

Thanks again guys for all of the help!

By two different orientations, you mean you also put the coax end under the mount bracket and the post on top of the bracket? I have mine this way.

Yes it can go either way as long as the raised edges are facing the bracket, and the raised shoulder of the fire ring is what needs to be making ground.

MK-FR002.jpg

MK-FR003.jpg

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Do you have the solder end or the twist on?

Solder.

I have checked the coax with an Ohm meter and all checked good. No continuity between the positive and negative (shield).

I'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff, but this one has me stumped!

Solder.

I have checked the coax with an Ohm meter and all checked good. No continuity between the positive and negative (shield).

I'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff, but this one has me stumped!

Based on info and not seeing it in person yet my belief is bad ground or bad cable / routing.

Top Bottom