Check Engine Light, No Code, "ECO" indicator stays off

Brent McCartney

I did...it was happening for a while, with no code, finally after a few cycles, the code appeared. P0520....bad oil pressure switch. Apparently very common on the 14s and 15s. Not a big deal, there is a TSB on it as well.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cherokee/KL_TSB/KL_08_034_14a.pdf

If you check your oil pressure in your EVIC display, you'll see that it's pegged at 99psi.

Well no luck there my oil pressure was still working. Damn this will be trip #5 for cel.

joedelalinea

Late 2013 jku here
Same thing happened to mine. After reading -DONE- i still gat the cel light on..
I changed the air filter, since it was dirty as hell. 2 days later the light went off and never came back.
It also happened once I filled up at a crappy gas station. Bad fuel might of triggered something.

Brent McCartney

Late 2013 jku here
Same thing happened to mine. After reading -DONE- i still gat the cel light on..
I changed the air filter, since it was dirty as hell. 2 days later the light went off and never came back.
It also happened once I filled up at a crappy gas station. Bad fuel might of triggered something.

I would think air filter would have its own code or maybe mass air flow. But I appreciate the info.

Dubzy

Had a similar problem in my 15. Light came on, no code. Light went off. Drove for a while and it came back on. Same thing. Still no code.

Dealership took it in.

Ended up needing a new thermostat. Was intermittently sticking open and running cold.

Haven't had a problem since.

Brent McCartney

Had a similar problem in my 15. Light came on, no code. Light went off. Drove for a while and it came back on. Same thing. Still no code.

Dealership took it in.

Ended up needing a new thermostat. Was intermittently sticking open and running cold.

Haven't had a problem since.

Just curious if you have had any other issues. As this is the 5th check engine light in 8 months.

Dubzy

No other issues. Just the thermostat. But CEL was on/off 3 times in about 2 weeks. Only acted up in colder weather.

Top Bottom