Chicken Coops

We put a bunch of pine shavings in the coop. Fluffed them up and let all the crap go to the bottom with a rake every few days. Also what works good is tossing scratch in there and they will will turn and fluff up the shavings. lol
Then after a few months clean it out and put new shavings in.

Put the crap filled shavings on the compost pile and start the whole process over again.

WJCO

Meme King
We've tossed around the idea of chickens for years and decided for the cost, it just wasn't worth it for us. We have friends and family that do it and just couldn't justify the workload for us. Maybe when the kids grow up, we'll reconsider. Love seeing what you guys have done though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We put a bunch of pine shavings in the coop. Fluffed them up and let all the crap go to the bottom with a rake every few days. Also what works good is tossing scratch in there and they will will turn and fluff up the shavings. lol
Then after a few months clean it out and put new shavings in.

Put the crap filled shavings on the compost pile and start the whole process over again.

That works. I kind of just want chickens. Don’t care too much about the eggs, just want chickens. Eggs are a bonus. How many do you have? What’s the egg production like?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That works. I kind of just want chickens. Don’t care too much about the eggs, just want chickens. Eggs are a bonus. How many do you have? What’s the egg production like?

An egg a day per hen is normal.

Automatic waterer and huge feed dispenser. They can be low maintenance. Only thing you need to do is walk out and grab eggs and is why I had the external laying boxes. I didn’t want to walk in their coop or run to get eggs and cover my feet in shit.

No chickens right now. We have a beat down Mickey moused coop right now I think was a goat pen at one time. Thinking of tearing it out and building a new one.

RCVRY

We've tossed around the idea of chickens for years and decided for the cost, it just wasn't worth it for us. We have friends and family that do it and just couldn't justify the workload for us. Maybe when the kids grow up, we'll reconsider. Love seeing what you guys have done though.

The best part is doing it with the kids. My parents did with my sister and I and I have a lot of stories and knowledge to pass on to my girls.

How old are your kids? Mine are 7 and 10, perfect age to start. They’re both gardeners for a few years now. They love taking fresh produce to the neighbors. I think it’s time we added fresh eggs to the mix.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
An egg a day per hen is normal.

Automatic waterer and huge feed dispenser. They can be low maintenance. Only thing you need to do is walk out and grab eggs and is why I had the external laying boxes. I didn’t want to walk in their coop or run to get eggs and cover my feet in shit.

No chickens right now. We have a beat down Mickey moused coop right now I think was a goat pen at one time. Thinking of tearing it out and building a new one.

Ah that was at the old house? I’ll think about it longer. Not sure I want to commit to it yet. Lol

Ah that was at the old house? I’ll think about it longer. Not sure I want to commit to it yet. Lol

Yep. Old house old coop.

Been going back and forth if we are going to do chickens again. My neighbors give me eggs and half the time their ducks and chickens are on my side so it’s like having them without all the drama.

Nice setup patriot.

Mine. Looks like it was a goat pen, bird cage, chicken coop, torture chamber in its previous life. Not sure if I’m going to tear it down or redo some things. Its serving as a lawn mower parking and wood storage at the moment.
IMG_1279.JPG .

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nice setup patriot.

Mine. Looks like it was a goat pen, bird cage, chicken coop, torture chamber in its previous life. Not sure if I’m going to tear it down or redo some things. Its serving as a lawn mower parking and wood storage at the moment.
View attachment 326223 .

Looks like there is some potential there [emoji106] seems like you have quite a bit of property

Top Bottom