Child restraints

Jrainsberger

For those of you with small children is there anything special you do to restrain them while on the trail? Obviously they have car seats, but is that good enough? I don't plan on taking them on any dangerous runs, but as you all know, things happen when you least expect them.

CastleRockJeep

Car seat. I recommend everyone stop by their local fire department, it's a free service at least here in Colorado. They have people specifically trained in installing car seats. It's amazing how many people have them installed incorrectly while obviously thinking it's correct.

rubicrawl

How old is your child? Mine is 4 and been taking him since he was like 2 and nothing you can really do except for his car seat unless your going to put a helmet on him or something don't know what your looking for maybe a high dollar car seat? This is my sons seat ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456504253.379251.jpg it also reclines for the long wheeling days he can sleep without his head falling foward

Jrainsberger

Car seat. I recommend everyone stop by their local fire department, it's a free service at least here in Colorado. They have people specifically trained in installing car seats. It's amazing how many people have them installed incorrectly while obviously thinking it's correct.

We did that when we had our first child, on our third now. Ages 2, 6, and 9.

Albo

I put the car seat in the middle of the back seat and like mentioned above, make sure it is installed correctly. Mine has a buckle on both sides of the seat and one in the back that goes over the top of the rear seat and hooks to the buckle on the back of the jeep seat.

JAGS

Hooked
For those of you with small children is there anything special you do to restrain them while on the trail? Obviously they have car seats, but is that good enough? I don't plan on taking them on any dangerous runs, but as you all know, things happen when you least expect them.

Depending on age/size, you should use the carseat or booster with the four point harnesses. Make sure you use the Jeeps LATCH system and not just the belts.

If that all fails, or if you have shitty kids, duct tape or leave them at home. Lol.

Jrainsberger

Depending on age/size, you should use the carseat or booster with the four point harnesses. Make sure you use the Jeeps LATCH system and not just the belts.

If that all fails, or if you have shitty kids, duct tape or leave them at home. Lol.

So is that duct tape them in their seat? Or at home? [emoji6]

Top Bottom