Choosing a build style: Accent color

GuillaumeC91

Hey guys! I'm back. Not sure if anyone is going to see this, but I'll give it a shot before creating another thread that would be essentially the same. I've been looking around for Bronze and Gold wheels but found it really hard to find wheels that don't belong on a tuner car.
I found a set of now discontinued XD Monsters in Bronze. Here's what that would look like (In a world where bad Photoshop skills are reality, also not all that bronze looking IMHO):

1375334493945.jpg

I am mainly debating between a tan or yellowish gold accent. I also found the following wheels with Gold simulated bead lock ring and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions:

Wheel: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-wheels/mickey-thompson/classic-lock-black-jk.htm

Lock ring: http://www.supertruckusa.com/products/92605_2XX_C_PG.htm

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Lol at first I didn't read, I only looked and was confused as to why the tires and wheels looked so weird and then was like "ohhhhh" when I was reading hahaha I love those tires and wheels. I don't think black wheels with a gold lock ring would be bad. It would look cool imo.

GuillaumeC91

Lol at first I didn't read, I only looked and was confused as to why the tires and wheels looked so weird and then was like "ohhhhh" when I was reading hahaha I love those tires and wheels. I don't think black wheels with a gold lock ring would be bad. It would look cool imo.

Haha yes! That's too funny. I had to fill in the two inch background gap when I "lifted" it in Photoshop, and those wheels were taken off of a GMC truck but lighting was way off so I had to play with it a bit. I'm not a Photoshop expert but it gives me an idea! :rolleyes:

ddubb

So what did you end up doing? Don't worry so much about finding the color you want because it may be hard to find anything other than black, chrome, matte black etc. just find the style you like then get the part powder coated to the color you want. That's what I would do. Lucky for me everything I put on or plan to do will be black

GuillaumeC91

So what did you end up doing? Don't worry so much about finding the color you want because it may be hard to find anything other than black, chrome, matte black etc. just find the style you like then get the part powder coated to the color you want. That's what I would do. Lucky for me everything I put on or plan to do will be black

As far as actually making my move, I haven't done anything yet. I'm planning a trip soon so that's where my money is going right now, but as soon as I get back though!!! :D But on the positive side of things, this time allowed me to think a lot and look at everything out there. I think I found these wheels to be the best for what I want, but as you mentioned I would get a few accents powder coated(I'm thinking a nice tan color).
1376199507133.jpg
I've also been messing around with Photoshop quite a bit on my spare time. I'll be posting the finished product soon!
Stay tuned and thanks for following up!

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
As far as actually making my move, I haven't done anything yet. I'm planning a trip soon so that's where my money is going right now, but as soon as I get back though!!! :D But on the positive side of things, this time allowed me to think a lot and look at everything out there. I think I found these wheels to be the best for what I want, but as you mentioned I would get a few accents powder coated(I'm thinking a nice tan color).
View attachment 44062
I've also been messing around with Photoshop quite a bit on my spare time. I'll be posting the finished product yet!
Stay tuned and thanks for following up!

Curious, why do you want to color match your wheels?

GuillaumeC91

Curious, why do you want to color match your wheels?

Well since my Jeep isn't a typical flashy color, I was trying to go for something other than black wheels. A lot of guys with Green, Orange, Blue, Red, etc. colored Jeeps simply go for black accents, but since mine is Rugged Brown, and it almost looks like black when not directly in the sun, I was trying to pick an accent that would stand out. Then when I started thing of Bronze or Gold wheels I liked the idea, but those wheels simply wouldn't work. So using the MTs above, I started thinking I could simply powder coat the lock rings to match my other accents! ;)

Last edited:

GuillaumeC91

Alright guys! So I'm not 100% done, I'd like to edit some bumpers and other accents in, but here's the wheels!

XD Monsters
1376578306241.jpg

Mickey Thompson Classic II w/ powder coated lock rings:
1376578366692.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!!

GuillaumeC91

Sweet thanks guys! I was leaning towards the MTCs too. I'm happy with the Photoshop so I can't imagine the real wheels! Haha, alright I might tweak the pictures a bit just for fun, but I think my mind is set. :D:D:D

JKU EXTREME

You can never go wrong with black, however if you are looking for an actual colour, in my mind you can never go wrong with a pearl sky blue with the rugged brown or even an orange-yellow (like the stock jeep pain "dozer")
Just my opinion
I am typically good at blending colors since I make beaded jewellery and I am also in a graphic design class
Good luck

GuillaumeC91

Here's an update! I still haven't pulled the trigger on any wheels, I'm cheap like that... but, I did finally get to spray on the plastidip I bought 4 months ago (it's been a long winter)!

I might of went a little crazy with it, but based on suggestions here's the accent I chose (and I did the wheels). I kinda like it, but it's still "different" I guess. Good or bad, let me know what you guys think!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Attachments

• 1399867734541.jpg
    1399867734541.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 1399867762508.jpg
    1399867762508.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 165
  • 1399867781282.jpg
    1399867781282.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 1399867804759.jpg
    1399867804759.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 1399867818078.jpg
    1399867818078.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 163

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Here's an update! I still haven't pulled the trigger on any wheels, I'm cheap like that... but, I did finally get to spray on the plastidip I bought 4 months ago (it's been a long winter)!

I might of went a little crazy with it, but based on suggestions here's the accent I chose (and I did the wheels). I kinda like it, but it's still "different" I guess. Good or bad, let me know what you guys think!

Hard to tell in the pics, what color is that? I think a darker bronze like the old Golden Eagles would have looked Bad Ass.

GuillaumeC91

Hard to tell in the pics, what color is that? I think a darker bronze like the old Golden Eagles would have looked Bad Ass.

Yeah I was trying to get something lighter to have a contrast, but I should look to see if there's plastidip in that color. This one is a tan camo color. The good thing about it, is that if I get tired of it, I'll peel if right off.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I've never really understood the idea of "accent colors". Look at the hot rod community, they generally go monochromatic. If they have two colors, the point is to accentuate a line or shape rather than to have aftermarket parts showcased. Keep it simple keep it clean. Just my opinion.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I think I've mentioned it before but PlastiDip has a ton of options from DipYourCar.com that give the effects of a bronze or gold. Whatever you're aiming for. If you spray just a tan on it, it won't do. You'd have to get the metalizer kit they sell and whatever the proper color is they have.

GuillaumeC91

I think I've mentioned it before but PlastiDip has a ton of options from DipYourCar.com that give the effects of a bronze or gold. Whatever you're aiming for. If you spray just a tan on it, it won't do. You'd have to get the metalizer kit they sell and whatever the proper color is they have.

Well the idea this time around was just to see what a tan accent would look on the rugged brown body. I was scared it wouldn't really be noticeable, and I wanted to do something a bit bigger than just tow hooks, so I dipped the grill too. :rolleyes:

I kinda like the tan to be honest, but I'm not so sure about the small side panels I also dipped. I'll probably peel those off soon. I think I'll leave the grill alone for a while then I was either thinking of doing the copper metalizer as you mentioned, or just doing a black grill with copper inserts. The problem with plain tan, is that it's a lighter color that the body itself. I think that why it throws it off a bit.

ghostryder

looks good i like it but its most important that you like it lol

Top Bottom