• Mojito Green, JL color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chestnut Brown Metallic, Classic 70's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Wow, the new house has really been monopolizing my time... and money. Still, I have a few pics to post up so that's good.

This is from moving day. The ram pulled the old girl really easy.

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Here are a couple of her in her new home. Fits right in there!

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Finally, the new sliders waiting for the frame to get straightened... probably this fall before I get to it.
Good to be able to peek out and see it when ever I want though.

IMG_0437.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Hey guys! Have been working on the new house non-stop since January. Not much done to the CJ yet. Pretty much stalled until I get the cash to take it in and get the frame straightened.
I was at the Jeep dealer today and looking at a new daily. The Ram is nice but I miss the JK a bit, even if it was a little over built. Put in an offer on a JL sport. Thinking something simple like a 2 inch lift and 35's.
Not getting rid of the CJ but it will take a lot of time to rebuild it and I would like to be able to wheel in the meantime. :thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hey guys! Have been working on the new house non-stop since January. Not much done to the CJ yet. Pretty much stalled until I get the cash to take it in and get the frame straightened.
I was at the Jeep dealer today and looking at a new daily. The Ram is nice but I miss the JK a bit, even if it was a little over built. Put in an offer on a JL sport. Thinking something simple like a 2 inch lift and 35's.
Not getting rid of the CJ but it will take a lot of time to rebuild it and I would like to be able to wheel in the meantime. :thumb:

That’s awesome! The JLs are great, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
New JL

Well, I went and got a JL yesterday. It is a Sport S. My wife and I took a overnight trip to Tucson from Phoenix and back.
I can say the JL is great and I am glad to be in it. I will likely do the Mopar 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires, not sure what brand yet. Leaning toward Nitto Ridge Grapplers but not comitted yet.
I will start it's own slow build thread to track what I do to it over time. Got some ideas for some small things. First off is removing the gap guards between the fenders and bumpers.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Long time since an update :-(

Got a leaky oil pan that is a bit dented. Overall, the engine is pretty leak free but I do need to replace the pan which I knew going in. I will be ordering that next month.

I need to get it prepped to go to the frame repair center. I have a bonus coming and I hope it will cover the repair. With luck it will be on the rack by the end of September.

In other news, I have been watching a bunch of off road videos and have been seeing some really cool builds that focus mostly on mechanicals rather than appearance. Good parts, no shiny paint.
While I was originally all set to straighten the body and replace the hood and fenders, I have decided to go in another direction. This CJ has really good patina and even though it's paint has faded, I get nothing but compliments from everybody who sees it. Especially the more I build it up.

Seeing how I already have a shiny Jeep in the JL, it will be much easier to get it up and running if I don't worry about body work. And, I think it will be more fun to cruise around that way. I can always revisit doing the body later if it comes down to it.

I have started adding the stainless hinges and other small parts and it seems to contrast well with the original stuff. Once it cools down I can start doing the wiring as a winter project and the only major thing I need is a steering column. That was bad along with the wiring in it.

I have a few other ideas as well but I'll post about them as I get closer to doing them.

Need to replace this!

IMG_0557.jpg

Kind of in the middle of this project. It's to hot to tinker in the Phoenix heat at the moment.
Plus the JL has been getting all the love right now...

IMG_0558.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
New Flares

Ordered up some new flares. The old ones have been off for months and I have debated on whether to replace them or leave them off altogether.
In the end, I really felt that since a CJ of my year had the flares when it was new, it should stay that way. Plus, I have actually always liked them anyhow.
I had just seen some without them (1960's models) and thought they looked good that way. So I at least considered it.
These are from crown and were about $80.00. They came with the screws and backings as well. They are way better than the old faded and broken ones.

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Fenders look good and like the fact you are keeping the patina, so much character there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom