CJ 7s Back to Glory

Ranger4011

She's a beauty no need to be embarrassed [emoji30] this thread is about reviving and giving new life to older jeeps whatever that may be , don't junk em, bring em back to glory

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

86cj7

20170508_205738.jpg
Here's my 86 CJ 7. Looking at doing an engine swap, just searching for the right engine. I think I found a 5.3l with everything I need for a decent price. Then it'll be lockers, 37" tires, and who knows what else.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry, I should clarify. It's a D.U.I. (Davis Unified Ignition). Basically a HEI Distributor with the coil mounted on top. Haven't got it on yet but I have read alot of good reviews about it.

I can't say for the straight 6 but I just put a DUI on my Jeep truck 360 V8 and love it... Purrs like a kitty and runs / accelerates so much better, not to say that the old stock distributor had seen its days! Good luck on your project.

holliewood61

Any opinions on manual vs automatic for CJ7? Beyond preference, is one better than the other in these old Jeeps?
Depends on intended usage i guess. I pulled the 3 speed out of mine and am using a th400/dana 20 from a j truck. Ive built mine for 95% trail use and prefer the auto on the trail. If i were running say. 50/50 street and trail id try to find a t176 or t177 4 speed because of the decent first gear and i prefer the manual out on the road. For mainly road use id probably swap in an ax15 to take advantage of the overdrive. A t5 was offered as a factory transmission, and has overdrive but can be on the weak side

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom