Cj7 iron duke. No spark.

WJCO

Meme King
If your coil is in the cap, make sure the metal pin (rotor bushing) is making contact with the rotor. If that is all good, make sure all your wiring is right. Seems like there are a lot of wiring diagrams on google.

HEI_CAP-_ELECTRODE-_INSULATOR-_COIL_DIAGRAM.jpg

Cj7tony

This is the new coil but the other on was fried . I don't know if it is supposed to b but the middle terminal on the coil is constantly grounded. Is that normal?

WJCO

Meme King
This is the new coil but the other on was fried . I don't know if it is supposed to b but the middle terminal on the coil is constantly grounded. Is that normal?

If you mean the coil pin in the middle is resting on the rotor then yes. If you can pull the cap but leave all the little primary wires connected, see if you have spark between that center coil pin and ground (with a small gap).

Last edited:

Cj7tony

Sorry it took me so long to get back with yall. I've been busy anyways I've done everything everyone recommended and still no spark. If I take the distributor out and test it I get spark from the coil but nothing once it's in the engine .

Cj7tony

Also I bought a new alternator and installed it but whenever I try to hook the main positive to the terminal it sparks really bad , for some reason it's grounding out. I have put 2 alternators on and both so the same.

Top Bottom