Cleaning undercarriage

BlackHat

image_18808.jpg

Get this at Harbor Freight Tools $6.99 a gallon and it can be diluted or used at full strength. I use a spray bottle 1/4 full of degreaser and the rest water spray the undercarriage and use a wheel brush with plastic bristles and rinse. then touch up the rust spots with satin spray paint. I use it to mop my garage floor as well, I do have the floor coated though, it does work on pavement as well but takes some scrubbing to get in the pores.

Spudcannons

image_18808.jpg

Get this at Harbor Freight Tools $6.99 a gallon and it can be diluted or used at full strength. I use a spray bottle 1/4 full of degreaser and the rest water spray the undercarriage and use a wheel brush with plastic bristles and rinse. then touch up the rust spots with satin spray paint. I use it to mop my garage floor as well, I do have the floor coated though, it does work on pavement as well but takes some scrubbing to get in the pores.

What did you coat the floor with? Does it keep dust/dirt out of the pores? I am moving into a new construction house and the interior is unfinished.

BlackHat

What did you coat the floor with? Does it keep dust/dirt out of the pores? I am moving into a new construction house and the interior is unfinished.

3BU19_AS01

I used the cheap stuff from Home Depot you can get it at different places though and different material. Some can get expensive, and there are a bunch of companies that will do a commercial coating as well. Works better on new floors so do it now before it gets soiled or a good cleaning will have to be done. My old shop had their floor coated and it was so dirty it required shot pinning the floor to clean it.

Spudcannons

3BU19_AS01

I used the cheap stuff from Home Depot you can get it at different places though and different material. Some can get expensive, and there are a bunch of companies that will do a commercial coating as well. Works better on new floors so do it now before it gets soiled or a good cleaning will have to be done. My old shop had their floor coated and it was so dirty it required shot pinning the floor to clean it.

Awesome, thanks!

ArmyofMike

I had gone in the mud with my kiddos recently and then a few weeks later wanted to clean up the undercarriage/wheel wells a bit. It happened to be on the day I was refreshing the fenders with Mother's "Back to Black" and I decided to use the rag on the wheel wells and suspension arms/undercarriage etc. I was surprised at how well the Back to Black worked on the under fenders, frame rails, suspension links, shocks, and other parts. Looked almost brand new. Took a LOT of elbow grease, but was worth it to me.

I only wish the Back to Black could be sprayed instead of a cream. Just a thought for your undercarriage also. :beer:
M

Spudcannons

I had gone in the mud with my kiddos recently and then a few weeks later wanted to clean up the undercarriage/wheel wells a bit. It happened to be on the day I was refreshing the fenders with Mother's "Back to Black" and I decided to use the rag on the wheel wells and suspension arms/undercarriage etc. I was surprised at how well the Back to Black worked on the under fenders, frame rails, suspension links, shocks, and other parts. Looked almost brand new. Took a LOT of elbow grease, but was worth it to me.

I only wish the Back to Black could be sprayed instead of a cream. Just a thought for your undercarriage also. :beer:
M

That's good to know. Make sure you hose out the mud from inside your frame rails!

Havoc40

I use a mix of WD40 and Marvel Mystery oil. About a 60/40 mix favoring WD40. I learned this from some car restorers. Before doing anything, they were spraying the entire car with this stuff. Works miracles on old weather stripping, hoses, and wiring. Best benefit for us Jeep guys, the mud sprays right off!

Top Bottom