Cliffride Luna sunroof top for JK

NSS

Welcome to the group :beer:

That Moon top my sir is one of the absurd ideas I've seen :shock: Before this thread, I never knew that there was something like that for a Jeep.. looked into the link and its not motorized either, so it basically a fixed glass on an else removable part!!

Yes but I still think it’s pretty nice to be able to have a sky view even in winter or under the rain. Think about it.

Cheers.

NSS

OP: That's a good idea for Winters and rainy days (very common in Seattle). I bought an extra set of Freedom Panels thinking about doing something similar with them. Got them cheap from a Jeep that had the hard top destroyed. Now I'll order two pieces of glass (probably semi-tint laminated type) and attach them to the two halves. Just figuring out best way to do so.

You might consider doing something similar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

At 1st I wanted something like that for the Freedom, it’s called a Jeetop:

IMG_7533.jpg

https://jeetop.com/product/buy-new-jeetops/

But then I have found the Luna that I found a lot better than 2 pieces of freedom.

And the reviews on the jeetop weren’t very good regarding water tightness.

JohnnyInk

Great minds

At 1st I wanted something like that for the Freedom, it’s called a Jeetop:

https://jeetop.com/product/buy-new-jeetops/

But then I have found the Luna that I found a lot better than 2 pieces of freedom.

And the reviews on the jeetop weren’t very good regarding water tightness.

Hey, OP I see a lot of people were giving you crap for wanting the Luna, but I got one and here is why

Not long ago I let my fiancé and her friend girl took my jeep for a shopping trip, (they wanted to look cool in my lovely), anyway, they call themselves taking the freedom tops off at some point, then when putting them back on, didn't latch the driver side top correctly and it came off in the road and roughed up the corners. Well one of the corners allowed water to leak into the cab, thus setting of the search for a replacement.

Now when I learned of the price of the replacements, I started to search for other options. I got the best top flip back sundrider (it is a NOISE TORNADO with a light bar), took it off and now I have it up for sale.

At any rate, I have ordered the Luna and I think this will be a much better addition, considering I do take my top off in the summer, but never in the winter and rain, so I will enjoy the natural light in those conditions

To those who say "just take the top off or get the soft top", the soft top is noisy as hell, and what about when you put the tops back on, you're sitting in a cave, (I have 5% tint in my cab windows), so a removable sunroof makes more sense to me than it does others who rock clear windows.

The jee tops two front freedom panels are crap and too expensive for two separate sunroofs, However their back hard top with the panoramic glass is nice and I'll be ordering that after I get this luna top in. I plan to repost here once I've test both of these tops and let you (the OP) know how they perform if you haven't already gotten either of them

added a pic of my lovely IMG_8644.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Hey, OP I see a lot of people were giving you crap for wanting the Luna, but I got one and here is why

Not long ago I let my fiancé and her friend girl took my jeep for a shopping trip, (they wanted to look cool in my lovely), anyway, they call themselves taking the freedom tops off at some point, then when putting them back on, didn't latch the driver side top correctly and it came off in the road and roughed up the corners. Well one of the corners allowed water to leak into the cab, thus setting of the search for a replacement.

Now when I learned of the price of the replacements, I started to search for other options. I got the best top flip back sundrider (it is a NOISE TORNADO with a light bar), took it off and now I have it up for sale.

At any rate, I have ordered the Luna and I think this will be a much better addition, considering I do take my top off in the summer, but never in the winter and rain, so I will enjoy the natural light in those conditions

To those who say "just take the top off or get the soft top", the soft top is noisy as hell, and what about when you put the tops back on, you're sitting in a cave, (I have 5% tint in my cab windows), so a removable sunroof makes more sense to me than it does others who rock clear windows.

The jee tops two front freedom panels are crap and too expensive for two separate sunroofs, However their back hard top with the panoramic glass is nice and I'll be ordering that after I get this luna top in. I plan to repost here once I've test both of these tops and let you (the OP) know how they perform if you haven't already gotten either of them

added a pic of my lovely

32a8ffed22de904b3bc624ebe0da4f70be9113ff904bf4b3a30207bcc2c8033f.jpg .......

NSS

added a pic of my lovely View attachment 289376

Thanks for taking the time to share, we have the same point of view regarding the Luna.

I still haven’t order it but if I had the money I’d got for the Luna for the front and the Jeetop hard-top for the rear. One day I’ll do it.

Please let me know how you like it, how it perform and put some pic. I think the Luna also has a box storage for sunglasses.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom