Clock spring ???

Robs_Red_JK

I am not to sure how old this thread is but I think I am having some issues with my clock spring but hoping to figure out a little more if it's the issue. This past couple weeks my air bag light has been coming on after about 15 minutes of driving. I took it to the dealer before when the recall came out and was told that it was not needed in my jeep. Now that I am having this issue they are telling me that I will have to pay for a diagnostic to find out if it's the problem. I can fix it myself so I would just like to know if this is the same sign other jeeps have been showing? Also my ESP and traction control light every so often will come on while driving. Not sure if that could be a connection to the clock spring but any information would greatly help

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eezybreezy08

I am not to sure how old this thread is but I think I am having some issues with my clock spring but hoping to figure out a little more if it's the issue. This past couple weeks my air bag light has been coming on after about 15 minutes of driving. I took it to the dealer before when the recall came out and was told that it was not needed in my jeep. Now that I am having this issue they are telling me that I will have to pay for a diagnostic to find out if it's the problem. I can fix it myself so I would just like to know if this is the same sign other jeeps have been showing? Also my ESP and traction control light every so often will come on while driving. Not sure if that could be a connection to the clock spring but any information would greatly help

My airbag light was doing the same thing for awhile to. Also my cruise control quite working to. These were all part of my clock spring going out

Robs_Red_JK

My airbag light was doing the same thing for awhile to. Also my cruise control quite working to. These were all part of my clock spring going out

Ok that's good to know. Looks like I will have to change it out soon then. I am not sure about my cruise control cuz I don't really use it but now I will have to give it a try and see if it's having trouble to. Thank you for the info!

MacRubi2

I just got my clock spring letter stating I'm covered for 15 years unlimited mileage.

Interesting some get different coverage....must be different year vehicle.

Dominic

I had mine replaced under the recall and it fixed my airbag light but cruise is still broke. Code says cruise high voltage. I was seriously hoping the recall would fix it. I could of sworn I heard the writer say sometimes they just service the clock spring or replace it if they have to. After reading my code issue everything points to the clock spring which tells me the dealership prob just waved their magic wand to make my light go out and not replace the part. Cant prove it though. The issue it went in for got fixed. Guess I cant complain lol

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

When any sensor or device in your vehicle gives a high voltage reading that is an indication of an open circuit. Check for loose or unplugged plugs and damaged wiring.

Most people think that the high voltage reading means a short but the sensing circuit is basically not detecting a load so it sees the full voltage, a short will come back as no or low voltage as the power is being drawn to ground too soon. Hope this helps!

Dom

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

theprospect1.3

MY HORN STAYS ON! BY ITSELF!! I have an issue im not sure is releated. Sounds to me it might be but i havent gotten a recall letter for my 07 X to understand what is wrong yet. My jeep will be sitting off, once while in the middle of an oil change, once just sitting in my garage, and a few times this morning starting at 6am. My horn will sound non-stop for 1-3 before i can disconnect my battery, My neighbours must hate me! I have not even driven my heep for 2 days and it decided to be my alarm this morning. Anyone run into this issue before? Could it be due to the clockspring recall or horn shorting to something? My battery is good, i used dielectric grease after cleaning up my horn connectors. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H812 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

This wont help the diagnose but yiu could always just disconnect from the horn assy itself or maybe pull the fuse. Temp fix to keep from pissing off the neighbors until your able to take the time and dive into it. Sorry I dont have a direct answer. It could be through the clock spring but chasing the circuit is all I could recommend now.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

geberhard

Douchebag
Crappy dealership service. I would call Jeep or contact another dealership if you need to do the service through a dealership...

HoosierWolf

MY HORN STAYS ON! BY ITSELF!! I have an issue im not sure is releated. Sounds to me it might be but i havent gotten a recall letter for my 07 X to understand what is wrong yet. My jeep will be sitting off, once while in the middle of an oil change, once just sitting in my garage, and a few times this morning starting at 6am. My horn will sound non-stop for 1-3 before i can disconnect my battery, My neighbours must hate me! I have not even driven my heep for 2 days and it decided to be my alarm this morning. Anyone run into this issue before? Could it be due to the clockspring recall or horn shorting to something? My battery is good, i used dielectric grease after cleaning up my horn connectors. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H812 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think the Clockspring warranty has now been extended on all JKs from 07-2015. Problem is that if it is something else you might have to pay for the work they spent diagnosing it but at least you'd know what it was.

My steering controls went completely dead after I got caught in a bad rain with the top off and it turned out to be the clockspring. After reading Eddie's right up I was really glad I didn't have to replace it myself.

Clayps

I had my clockspring replaced on my 2010 back in July prior to the "new" parts being ready since my light was on. I had the recall notice but apparently there's a new shroud cover that wasn't available in July. Anyways...they did the recall work but apparently the light was coming on due to a loose wire in the harness under the driver seat. This adds up since the light would often illuminate after shifting my weight in the seat. They charged me around $100 to fix that, but no diagnostic fee. So my clockspring may have been fine, but they fixed anyways with the current parts they had as per the recall. Don't think I'll worry about the "updated" parts unless the light comes back on.

JKU Arizona

Hey guys took my jeep in for the clock spring recall horn was not working cruise was not working and airbag light is on
Get it back and airbag light is off but neither horn nor cruise works they say clock spring has nothing to do with that ?

Does this sound rite

I had the clock spring sensor replaced twice. once in 2015 and again the beginning of this year (recall). While on Fins-N-Things in Moab my steering wheel started making a clicking sound every-time I turned the steering wheel. While driving off the trail the clock spring sensor light came on and the clicking sound got worse. It's like a grinding sound/feeling. My cruise control also went out. While driving to Moab (with NO airbag light) cruise control worked fine, while driving back from Moab with airbag light ON cruise control didn't work so I would think it has something to do with the clock-spring.

I have an appointment with my local stealership on Wednesday to see what they tell me. Hopefully it's still covered by the warranty since they just replaced it a few months ago.

Top Bottom