Cloth vs Leather Seats

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Any thoughts on the pros and cons of either leather or cloth seats? I'm wondering which is easier to clean after a long day of wheeling with no roof or doors. Any thoughts, experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

My '15 leather seats are super easy to clean after they are covered in trail. A squirt of leather cleaner spray and a quick wipe with a towel and they are squeaky clean like-new. [emoji106]

zimm

Caught the Bug
I didn't get leather, but the bartact seat covers wipe clean with a cloth too. They're $600 though, so you're almost there money wise to the leather upgrade. I think the cloth are cooler in the sun though.

I went with leather. So far I'm happy. As far as seat covers. If you go that route make sure they don't interfere with seat airbag operation.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

wjtstudios

Hooked
Equally as big of a factor as keeping them clean is how much you run with the top off. The Leather gets really hot after sitting out at the mall all day. The cloth also seems to breathe more on hot days with the top off. I have a set of neoprene seat covers for the summer to go over the vinyl on my CJ for the summer. I ordered clothe on my JK after 20 years of burning my thighs in the CJ. Just my 2 cents!

luckyrugger

Had cloth in the 2010 JKUS, cloth in our 2012 JKUR and ordered cloth in our 2017 JKUR. The main reason is how hot it gets in less than 30 mins in the sun. Our center console is blazing hot within 30 mins this past weekend. Top was off and it was only 75 degrees in northern Michigan. Our cloth seats have never really stained other than kids crayons in the back seat, but can get it out with some work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lemoncadebay

Had cloth in the 2010 JKUS, cloth in our 2012 JKUR and ordered cloth in our 2017 JKUR. The main reason is how hot it gets in less than 30 mins in the sun. Our center console is blazing hot within 30 mins this past weekend. Top was off and it was only 75 degrees in northern Michigan. Our cloth seats have never really stained other than kids crayons in the back seat, but can get it out with some work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the crayon issue once in my old mustang. I put a towel over the crayon, and ironed the towel. Crayon stuck right to the towel [emoji1360]

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the replies! I've always had leather in my cars and like the way the feel. I ride motorcycles as well and getting your rear burned on the hot heat is something you get used to. Gonna stick to leather.

Top Bottom