Clutch rattle ???

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sounds like pressure plate fingers not disengaging
The jeep drives fine, but it does make the same "creek" when the engine is not running, so it cant be anything rotational (other than that "chatter" sound)

Yea that sounds really bad, way worse then what I've been experiencing too.

Yeah way worse than mine too

Apparently the dealer is "backed up with warranty work" and the earliest they can get me in is Wednesday next week, and they will need a MINIMUM of 48hrs just to reflash the PCM for the emissions recall... THEN they are going to look at the clutch... :grayno:

Lance628

The jeep drives fine, but it does make the same "creek" when the engine is not running, so it cant be anything rotational (other than that "chatter"
Mine drove fine to I think disengage is the wrong word they just drag a little they don't retract all the way

greggnj

All these clutch and TOB issues (+ the amount of stop and go traffic I encounter :grayno:) are enough to make me get an auto on the next Jeep. I just hope it's the 8 speed...

rich67

Caught the Bug
I just got my Jeep back from the dealer after it being in previously for TOB replacement. This latest time there was a light squeaking noise coming from the transmission. When the clutch pedal was depressed even very slightly, the squeak went away. Well, they replaced the clutch fork and the flywheel. Noise gone. Funny thing, the rattle I had before seems to be gone also. Pedal operation feels smooth, and everything seems a lot better. Hopefully that does the trick!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I just got my Jeep back from the dealer after it being in previously for TOB replacement. This latest time there was a light squeaking noise coming from the transmission. When the clutch pedal was depressed even very slightly, the squeak went away. Well, they replaced the clutch fork and the flywheel. Noise gone. Funny thing, the rattle I had before seems to be gone also. Pedal operation feels smooth, and everything seems a lot better. Hopefully that does the trick!

Sweet! I cant wait to get mine back! I have a drop off appointment wednesday morning at 7am. I hope they take care of it PROPERLY above all else. :rolleyes2:

WJCO

Meme King

Good deal.

Top Bottom