Cobra 75 vs. Cobra 29

Panda

Looks great... at least saving face for 75 is not having unit over ur head like that...but it does add a badass look to jeep!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's really not to bothersome up there I'm 6.2 it doesn't impair vision at all & it's really easy to access & control while keeping your eyes on the trail & yes it looks very cool up there I think, thanks!

Sent from bad apples...

tapcola

I've got the 29 ltd with mods and a 4 ft fire stick can reach about 15 miles , put it right on the dash above the radio till I get a sport cage . Love it !

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Never had any issues with my 75 and still love how it looks almost factory and easy to remove if needed. I did upgrade to the 29 after getting my cage and having a new spot to install it.

chuckt62

I have the 75. It seem okay but I have got a lot of real world use with it yet.

I'm actually feeling like the UV-5R 2M handheld would be a much better way to go. They're like $35 delivered and no hassle with antennas/speakers SWR etc. Just got to get more people on board.

c

Silver5665

I don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I would ask anyways. I have installed my 75 with a 4' firestik. I purchased an SWR meter to tune the system but cannot figure out how to hook it up to the 75 since it does not have the same configuration as most cb's. The 75 power unit, that is installed under the dash, has an antenna inlet and then a hardwire pigtail coming out for the mic. The SWR meter ties in between the power unit, antenna and mic since the mic acts as the cb unit too. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

chuckt62

Connect your antenna coax to the "Ant" side of the meter and connect the power unit to the "Trans" side of the meter with a short length of coax. The meter will register a signal when you press the PTT button on the 75.

Silver5665

Connect your antenna coax to the "Ant" side of the meter and connect the power unit to the "Trans" side of the meter with a short length of coax. The meter will register a signal when you press the PTT button on the 75.

Thank you. If I connect the power unit to the "Trans" side, then where would I connect the mic/cb?

Silver5665

There aren't that many outlets on the power unit. There is one connection for the antenna and the pigtail coming out to the mic. If I use the pigtail to connect to the swr meter then there is no place for the mic to connect. Unfortunately in this case, the benefit of having the cobra 75 and having the entire cb in the mic is causing problems. Also, the pigtail is a 5 point connection and not like the antenna connection. My apologies if I am misunderstanding you.

Silver5665

There aren't that many outlets on the power unit. There is one connection for the antenna and the pigtail coming out to the mic. If I use the pigtail to connect to the swr meter then there is no place for the mic to connect. Unfortunately in this case, the benefit of having the cobra 75 and having the entire cb in the mic is causing problems. Also, the pigtail is a 5 point connection and not like the antenna connection. My apologies if I am misunderstanding you.

I found the answer in another forum on WAYALIFE.

Silver5665

I found the answer in another forum on WAYALIFE. Thank you for your help.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love my 29 thanks to moochie for helping my girl get me the right cb for my bday! I can hear truckers talking 10 mi away with a 3 ft tailgate mounted fire stick! View attachment 70797

Sent from bad apples...

Panda can I have a top pick of how you mounted it please I'm sitting here trying to install it and I can only use the bolts on one side or the other. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394234362.129166.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394234380.406224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom