Coil Over Rub - Thoughts?

this seems like a textbook issue regarding an axle being off center and more than likely due to too much lift for the track bar relocation bracket that is installed.

All fingers point here - I am just looking for the measurements and smoking gun to tell me this. I will figure it out :thumb:

We can consider this closed. Install is correct and Axle is centered - I happened to rub a little in the 1% situation. I will be looking at my steering stops but thats about all I can do at this point. Thanks for all the input. :cheers:

sean.m.adams33

We can consider this closed. Install is correct and Axle is centered - I happened to rub a little in the 1% situation. I will be looking at my steering stops but thats about all I can do at this point. Thanks for all the input. :cheers:

So no matter what, in that situation you will always rub?

So no matter what, in that situation you will always rub?

It is possible yes, like I said I am looking into my steering stops to see what can be gained there. In the test/engineering environment this is super tight anyways so I will find a solution just need to keep exploring. I can not reproduce this off the trail and only saw it the one time. :beer:

Did you hear this from Evo?

Did you hear this from Evo?

I did talk to EVO MFG (not ORE) and I'm not going to quote what they said as I will not get it exact and don't want people to come out of the wood work about what I didn't quote correctly. But after our conversation I feel good about what we have done and the direction we are going. :thumb:

Just to keep those following this in the Loop - I have double checked my steering stops and they are all as they should be. I have equal steering in both directions.

Those that don't know me - I enjoy problem solving and learning along the way so I will continue to tinker away with this. It is also very difficult to simulate and on the trail that day I was in similar situations with full stuff full turn without issue - maybe just the planets where align and I was in a one off situation :beer:

Tree Frog

I just thank you for posting about the problem and hearing about what it could be and how to correct it.

Please let us know if you do find the problem.
I have learned so much from the Wayalife forum.

I would be looking a little harder to solve it as it really looked like a hard contact in your photos. What if you were in a even bigger bind, or was that your maxed out flex?
If nothing else your gonna ruin that pretty blue finish on the King coils.

I just thank you for posting about the problem and hearing about what it could be and how to correct it.

Please let us know if you do find the problem.
I have learned so much from the Wayalife forum.

I would be looking a little harder to solve it as it really looked like a hard contact in your photos. What if you were in a even bigger bind, or was that your maxed out flex?
If nothing else your gonna ruin that pretty blue finish on the King coils.

That was as far as it could ever go, actually didn't even smudge the paint on the coils, maybe the photo looks worse then it was and yes I'm still working it and will post what I may find here.

SEAJ

I do not have coilover but recently did a ford shock tower with long travel shocks conversion on my JK. Had the same issues. Before the shocks were added It was rubbing frame on passenger side at fill lock and compression. I got an adjustable tracbar and that helped some but just moved the rubbing from passenger behind wheel to sway bar front driver. Maybe with a little fine adjustments of tracbar it might have cleared fully but I doubt it. During the larger diameter shock install we did a lot of tests and got an idea of how much the axle moves left to right during cyle as it rubbed the shocks. Throw in 17x10 rims with a decent amount of back spacing and it was impossible. I just bought some spidertrax spacers to be done with it. In your case I would try adjusting your tracbar to more passenger side (passenger side rub. Lengthen if yours is adjustable) and hopefully it will clear. If not you likely have a rim backspace issue.

Top Bottom