Colorado 9/23-9-26

Slimebones

Seriously looking into this, but the schedule may just be too tight. I had the 25th - 30th scheduled for hunting/camping in Monache, but the forests are closed due to fires so that trip got scrubbed. Mrs rubiDave (aka buzzkill) wants a vacation too, so I'm trying to sell this. She's not much into hours on the road so I need to find some other diversions along the way there and back (dangling Sedona or Grand Canyon. We would probably be looking at leaving by Monday to keep highway hours down. Need to arrange pet sitters and all that happy horse shit. So its a long shot...

My wife and I have days scheduled for Moab 27th - 30th. Trying to fit this Colo fling in before that. Maybe you should consider the same thing and we can get some wheeling in in Moab also.

Slimebones

Can't make this one. Conflicts at work with this late notice. Stars did not line up this time. Have fun out there, massive scenes to take in.

Slimebones

Two years ago, I planned a trip to Ouray to run Black Bear Pass for the first time, Sept. 30th. It snowed on the way there (first snow of the season there). Therefore the pass was closed for the season. Missed it by one day!!! Went up the east side of Imogene Pass the next day, rain in the beginning, turning to snow and had to turn around. Spent the night in Ouray and continued on to Moab for the rest of the vaca. Awesome trip.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Two years ago, I planned a trip to Ouray to run Black Bear Pass for the first time, Sept. 30th. It snowed on the way there (first snow of the season there). Therefore the pass was closed for the season. Missed it by one day!!! Went up the east side of Imogene Pass the next day, rain in the beginning, turning to snow and had to turn around. Spent the night in Ouray and continued on to Moab for the rest of the vaca. Awesome trip.
Wow.. thats an amazing story.
I'm sure hopefully I have better luck. There is a little weather in the forecast but at this point nothing like snow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Man... wish I could join you for this... but I’m going to AZ Oct 7-11 and with work so crazy... it would be way too hard to take any more time off right now... Sounds fun though. [emoji22]

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Man... wish I could join you for this... but I’m going to AZ Oct 7-11 and with work so crazy... it would be way too hard to take any more time off right now... Sounds fun though. [emoji22]
You'd certainly be welcome.
Maybe what you should do is hook up with some of the AZ guys and go wheeling in AZ when you're there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom