Colorado locker question?

hbkid22

With the insane temp swings and the drastic changes in altitude we can have here (your very aware of being in FOCO) condensation forms at the fittings on top of the differential and has the very good chance of freezing and since brass is very weak it tends to Crack often. I would consider yourself very lucky to not have that problem yet. Maintain ARB components like you do the rest of your jeep and you should be ok.

Here in St. Louis, we have drastic weather changes and lots of moisture/condensation. ARB lines have been known to build up condensation and then freeze, preventing the air from passing thru the lines locking the diffs. Occasionally even splitting a line.

To be honest, it never crossed my mind but good to know. I will definitely keep an eye out for this when the weather is cold. Thanks.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Since it has been mentioned that only Dynatrac is recommended here.....
A quick Google search brought up this. 1429885899342.jpg
Now if my memory is correct, Cozdude built his PR44 through ORE for damn near the same price.

As for the rear, it's a true 44 and can handle 37s so there is no need to replace it with an aftermarket 44.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Since it has been mentioned that only Dynatrac is recommended here.....
A quick Google search brought up this. View attachment 139106
Now if my memory is correct, Cozdude built his PR44 through ORE for damn near the same price.

As for the rear, it's a true 44 and can handle 37s so there is no need to replace it with an aftermarket 44.

Here is a pr44 with prosteer ball joints, arb locker,and without axle shafts, seems all they offer is rcv, but with chromoly shafts should still be less than a g2. Plus probably a better warranty. So I don't see how a g2 saves a ton of money.

Attachments

• 1429887289951.jpg
    1429887289951.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 46

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have been running ARB's in CO for close to 20 years, all weather conditions NO issues with freezing or breaking. Now the only issue I had was poor line install and not long enough during flexing.

I would avoid an ARB with the constant weather changes condensation forms and during the winter there is the possibility of parts freezing and breaking. The Eaton is the way I am going. And for the cost I would look into the Mopar 60's for replacement axles. Way cheaper than many of the aftermarket parts out there. But when it comes down to building your jeep it's all up to you man. That's the best part about these money pits we get to make them our own any way we want.

I have been running ARB's in CO for close to 20 years, all weather conditions NO issues with freezing or breaking. Now the only issue I had was poor line install and not long enough during flexing.

I appreciate the share on this! I have been an E-Locker guy until very recently. The interwebs can be a scary place for information :yup: :crazyeyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom