Colorado trip

Unlimited

Ran up for a short get away.

Stayed in South Fork for 2 nights. Went up highway 149 to lake city. We hit just about every road or small trail off the highway we could find. Absolutely love this area. Did not see a single person off the highway. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867854.462985.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867870.585942.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867891.503461.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867908.419997.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867925.952875.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367867941.353346.jpg

2010 RUBICON. With some stuff

Stickmann7

Colorado trip!!

What a beautiful part of the planet!! Moving to Silverthorne in June or July, to move into the rental prop I own there. Go every year 3 or 4 times a yr, now retired, I'm there til I die!!! Great pics and nice Jeep!!! Going out in my 2012 JK, no mods yet, but new tires b/4 I go. Thanks for the pics, they're inspiring!!!
I live by the words of Thomas Alva Edison: "If you never grow up, you never grow old"!!!

Unlimited

Thanks for the compliment on the jeep! I have had 2 solid chances to transfer in my job to the west of there. Have passed up both times. Even though I WANT to live there I don't have much family... So try to stay close to what I have. Folks, one brother here and one in Ca.

Guess it makes the trip up there more enjoyable. Have been going for years. This area is bar none the most beautiful place I've ever found. This June I will be doing a little camping trip up there for a few days and hope to see no one!

Pictures absolutely do NO justice to the beauty here!

Unlimited

Other thing....
Saw 2 herds of elk (round 20-25 in each)
3 beaver running across the road to their den
3 big horn sheep near creede
3 solo elk south of Southfork
1 fox

Wanted to see near and moose!

Next trip thought.

Unlimited

We're headed back around the end of the month! Gonna hot blackbear and of the good stuff around ouray/ silverton area. This month can not go fast enough!

TooTall

We will be in the area as well. Blackbear and Imogene are on our list the week of the 4th of July. Hoping to hike to the summit of Mt Sneffels as well.

Jaydoc1

We're headed back around the end of the month! Gonna hot blackbear and of the good stuff around ouray/ silverton area. This month can not go fast enough!

Just so you're aware, Black Bear is closed through mid July. Check www.bushducks.com for current trail conditions. Lots of the other trails in the area are open, however.

Here's the official San Miguel county road closure site, as well. Some useful info plus phone numbers. http://www.sanmiguelcounty.org/departments/roadbridge/index.html?tab=1#tabsDepts

Looks like Imogene is closed through mid July, as well.

Last edited:

TooTall

Thanks for the info Jay. One of our good friends is part of one of the road crews. He mentioned last week there had been an unusually high amount of dust being blown from the west which should help speed up the melt. Keeping my fingers crossed.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info Jay. One of our good friends is part of one of the road crews. He mentioned last week there had been an unusually high amount of dust being blown from the west which should help speed up the melt. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yea, you might get lucky. We've gone wheeling up there every 4th of July for the past 4 years. Last year was the first year Black Bear was open that early. Imogene Pass has been open every year but one, so it's a better bet. Have fun, maybe we'll run into you, we're doing the trip again this year.

TooTall

My grandparents have had property just North of Ouray since the 70's so that's our home away from home. We've run just about everything in the area but Poughkeepsie. Hiking to the Summit of Sneffels on the 3rd if the snow is mostly clear. I keep entering in the Jeep giveaway but never get picked. Maybe again this year!

Hock Edition

ill be up there early September im wanting to do holy cross if anyone is interested/or even want to do other trails

Unlimited

We are taking off to go that way first of July also.... Definitely hope Imogene and BB are open that early!!

Top Bottom