Consumer Caution

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Those shows highlight the bad farmers. They are all driven by animal rights groups. Same as that movie blackfish. That is not real life for 99.9% of companies. I have personally toured slaughter facilities and slaughtered and processed a host of animals and those shows are not what happens.

Not to mention, it is food. It is not a pet. People get too emotional on shit like that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed! Fear mongering

Jsouder53

Hooked
Those shows highlight the bad farmers. They are all driven by animal rights groups. Same as that movie blackfish. That is not real life for 99.9% of companies. I have personally toured slaughter facilities and slaughtered and processed a host of animals and those shows are not what happens.

Not to mention, it is food. It is not a pet. People get too emotional on shit like that.

Appreciate your feedback on that man [emoji106]

TRLJNKY

Take your wife and kid to a freshly disked field or after a corn harvester goes through. The carnage is gnarly with big agricultural. You can’t escape animal death regardless of diet choice.
There is no doubt in my mind thats the case. All the birds and burroughed animals Im sure if not more. My family is to far gone in that way of thinking to even contemplate thise ideas. They backed off and let me do my thing finally after some heated discussions that I stand alone on at my house. I found just to let them do them and me do me. Causes to much friction and discontent otherwise and I dont want my kids to resent me for whom I am just respect me and who I am. If anything its just made me more concious of the products we use and the food the shit they put into our food. Not that Ive changed all my ways just some. My family doesnt even like it when I go fishing but they dont give me shit about it anymore because they know I enjoy it and I dont just do it out of sport.

Im not trying to sway anyones opinion by any means. This is a topic Im all to familiar with and love this forum so it gives me a "safe space" to vent about my own personal family struggles and this topic lol. I love my family but also love my guns, Jeep, meat, and CRC brakecleen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
As Jsouder53 was pointing out its not just food but the products we use everyday. Im living in a house full of organic product using vegans. Hell my oldest daughter who still lives here just got her Holistic Nutritionalist certification and has her own lil business going. I still love my guns, bacon, steak, and Jeep lol I just eat it a lot less and dont have it in the house. As far as the products go, we are all organic here. Somethings I refuse to give up on like toothpaste and my dawn soap but for the most part Ive caved in to the rest of the organic hype. The cleaners in the house we use, laundry soap, shampoos, etc etc

As you can imagine, we have had some heated discussions in my house. Its generally when I feel forced into something Im not ready for yet. Deep down I know their right but Im just old school in thought. As I slowly get used to it (on my own terms) Im more open to it in small increments.

Big thing is just awareness as Jsouder was pointing out. From there people can make their own decisions. Thats what I tell my family. Dont force it down peoples throats. Let them come ask you when they are ready.

I was pissed when they did this to me two years ago. They seemed self righteous and were critiqinh me on everything I used and ate. They wisened up now and learned thats not a good approach [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think your daughter is going to have some job security in the future as people stop being complacent and accepting they need to take medicine everyday for the rest of their lives to treat manmade illnesses.

I work for a pharmacy and my site alone did $7B in COGS last year. It just seems so unsustainable from the healthcare aspect.

Recently I gave up one of the last things I was holding on to that I knew was unhealthy. That was my old spice Fiji deodorant. I always just assumed you would stink if u used the natural stuff. I was wrong; natural and aluminum free works fine!

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I used to get hyped up on the documentary’s.. but like overlander pointed out they’re very biased and only show the bad... make it pretty convincing. Everything in moderation ppl

littlebeas

I used to get hyped up on the documentary’s.. but like overlander pointed out they’re very biased and only show the bad... make it pretty convincing. Everything in moderation ppl

That’s the biggest key, there are pros and cons to everything. It is nice to sometimes get out of my own echo chamber and legitimately try to understand the other side of the equation. Whether we admit it or not, we’ve all been conditioned to think a certain way and if we don’t take the time to think of things critically we run the risk of following whatever trips our confirmation bias. My mother was fond of saying even after we knew what the effects of DDT that, “but nothing keeps the damn bugs away like DDT”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
That’s the biggest key, there are pros and cons to everything. It is nice to sometimes get out of my own echo chamber and legitimately try to understand the other side of the equation. Whether we admit it or not, we’ve all been conditioned to think a certain way and if we don’t take the time to think of things critically we run the risk of following whatever trips our confirmation bias. My mother was fond of saying even after we knew what the effects of DDT that, “but nothing keeps the damn bugs away like DDT”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Haha so true.. I can respect the concern that is brought up for sure. In the end you need to be aware and try not to let it drive you crazy haha

JDDK

in the end, everyone still dies, even the healthiest ones. Life is short and full of regrets. Fat, sugar and grease are some of the more enjoyable things. Jeeps that guzzle gas, guns and other unpolitically popular pursuits make life enjoyable. Of course family is best, but most of us have dysfunctional family or are the dysfunction. [emoji16]
Live like every day was your last, because one day it will be!
Now, I'm headed out in my impractical JLU to get shrimp tacos with bacon instead of eating organic kale. Its Taco Tuesday!
If I dont see you here tomorrow, know this: those tacos were totally worth it[emoji3059]

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom